Chapter 5: Date

Charlie's Pov.

I quickly took a shower and got ready for Nick to come over and hang out. I took his advice and had tried to decorate my room abit more, mostly attempted to make it a similar version to what my room was like back home. I even had set my small electric drum set up in the corner.
I quickly hung a string of warm lights around the corner of my room, they weren't yellow like his but they definitely gave my room a more cozy feeling.
I straightened my bed out, that's when I got a text notification.
It was from Nick.

"You know..I think it's only fair to have a sleep over at yours tonight since you've already had one at mine.. "
I scoffed , my hand going over my mouth.
But I couldn't help my huge smile.

He's so flirty

I grinned texting him back, probably abit too excited.
"Only if you promise to bring an extra blanket.. you know, since You hogged them all last time..." I pushed send trying to contain my smile as I sat down at my drums.

I finished getting ready, and then was unable to help myself as I paced around looking at my phone.

It was 8:03
What if he's not coming
Maybe he changed his mind..

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.
My head jerked at the noise.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves.
Before going over to open the door,
"You're so late" I said peaking out at him.
He was so cute.
He stood there with his bag over his shoulder.
He chuckled and held up a pizza box.
"I got us dinner, though"

I blinked.
Dinner?
So , wait ..so does that mean this is kind of like a date then ?

I tried not to grin but was very unsuccessful.
I smiled opening my door up wider,
"Really? You didn't have to" I said looking at the box between us.
He looked down at me and smiled ,
"I wanted to. .Besides, what kind of date doesn't have food" he said nonchalantly and walked into my dorm.
He set the box down on my small kitchen counter, not far from a small candle I had lit abit ago, still brightly burning.

I scoffed.
"Ohh..so this is a date?" I said going up to poke his arm. He took his bag off and set it next to my bed and sat on the corner.
"Mmm yeah, maybe it is" he smiled confidently.

My heart exploding from the possibility that those 3 words held.
Does this mean he's into me after all?!!

I sat next to him
"Would that ..would that be okay?" He asked, nudging my arm.
The knot in my throat was stuck.
And so I nodded quickly instead.
He chuckled
"Sorry, I've just never .. I'm still sort of ..well figuring myself out..I guess" he laughed nervously.

I smiled and nodded,
"You're okay" poking his leg gently.

We spent hours talking about everything, sitting on my rug with our backs against my bed, eating pizza and watching a marvel movie he'd brought over.
Despite not liking marvel, but I didn't have the heart to tell him.
I accidentally fell asleep halfway through, I slowly woke up and I was in Nicks arms?

But he was holding me bridal style
I blinked and looked around before at him.

He noticed me awake and he chuckled,
"Hey, sorry you fell asleep on the floor so I was just putting you to bed properly."
I was internally freaking out but I nodded as he laid me down gently on the bed, making sure my head was on my pillow.