14. Sickness

Coughing, Breathing, Shivering, Pain, Sleep, more coughing. That was what my schedule was. The "bed" I lay on was made out of a sheet tied to two poles in the drop ship. It is utterly horrible. I'm in pain and I'm uncomfortable. I wrench forward at the pain in my stomach. Sweat beads drip down my face. Murphy comes over to me with a wash cloth, "Don't touch her!" I hear Bellamy yell at Murphy. I smile at him, "It's fine, he's just trying to help." I say to Bellamy. He snatches the cloth from Murphy and sits next to me, "Bellamy, you're sick too, you know." He sighs and puts the cloth onto my forehead. He struggles to stand up hacking as he does so. He sits on the bed and closes his eyes. Murphy looks at him and then me, "He really doesn't like me, does he." I shake my head. Maybe Murphy was changing. He seemed a lot nicer than he was before. But this could all be a ruse to get close to us. A huge pain fills my head. my ears ring. My coughing get worse. Murphy rushes over to me. He dabs the cloth onto my mouth. It comes back bloody. My eyes flutter closed.

Just then I hear someone crash onto the floor. My eyes snap open. I see a boy laying face down on the floor. I sit up but the pain overwhelms my body. I groan and fall back down. Murphy runs over to the boy and puts a finger on his neck. He sighs, "Dead?" I say, my voice scratchy. He nods.
I sigh as best I can. I see Clarke stand up and walk out of the drop ship. I hear a gun shot. My eyes widen and I ignore the pain as I rush outside. Clarke is crowded by about twenty people who haven't been infected. She holds a gun in her hand. Another boy is pointing a gun at her, "Put it down." I say. He points the gun at me, "Get back in the drop ship! You could kill us all!" I see Bellamy come up behind him and slam the gun into the boy's jaw. The boy grabs his jaw in pain and falls to the ground. Clarke sighs, "Octavia is back. She says there is no cure for the sickness, but if you wait it out it will eventually stop. She also said the grounders are coming at dawn, we need to be prepared." Bellamy nods. I look at him. He looks horrible. Blood stains line his eyes. he's pale and his dark eyes seem lifeless. and for once in my life I think he looks scared. He looks to me sadly. I wonder if he's thinking the same thing about me. "Bellamy," Clarke's voice snaps me back to reality. Bellamy looks back to her, "Were you even paying attention?" He shakes his head. Jasper speaks up, "He was too busy making heart eyes at Mera to pay attention." I roll my eyes at him and look back to Clarke, "I said, you need to station people to man guns. Spotters." Raven speaks up, "That won't be enough. We could build a bomb. I have everything we need. Jasper made enough gun powder to blow everyone to smithereens." Clarke nods. I remember Jasper's father taught him how to make gun powder. I didn't think it would be useful until now. Raven walks into her tent. Jasper follows her. I look back to Clarke and see her swaying. Finn rushes over to her and swoops her up in his arms. Raven looks back. A sad expression shadows her face. She sighs and turns back to the direction of the tent. My legs feel weak. Bellamy puts his hands on my waist to steady me. I jump at his touch. His fingers graze my skin. I shiver, "Thanks," I say. I turn to face him, "You look terrible, you know." he smiles slightly. For a second I thought I saw his eyes light up when I spoke, "You don't look so good yourself." I nod, "We should get back into the drop ship before someone kills us." I away for a second, dizziness overwhelming me. I put a hand on Bellamy's shoulder. I allow my weak body to fall into his arms. He smiles at me and carries me back into the drop ship. I lay down on the makeshift bed and close my eyes. I wake up in a coughing fit. Blood spurting out of my mouth. Bellamy stands up and is immediately by my side. He rolls me Ono my side and blood pours into a bucket. Monty and Jasper follow Bellamy careful not to touch me. And then it's gone. Everything. The pain, the blood, the coughing. it's like the whole disease just disappeared. "Jasper," Bellamy says, "We need to talk." Monty stays by my side as Bellamy and Jasper leave the drop ship. "How you feeling?" He says. I smile, "Great. I don't feel anything that I felt a moment ago." he smiles, "Good. That's great. Hey, Mera?"
"Yeah,"
"I have a question."
"Yeah, you can ask me anything, shoot."
"Are you and Bellamy a thing?" My eyes widen. Were we? "To be honest. I don't know." he smiles, "Great. I mean not great, but, I mean, that's good. No, I mean..." I laugh, "I know." he nods and smiles awkwardly, "Well, I'm just gonna go then." I laugh again and he walks out of the tent. I smile, this is how it should be. No grounders, or battles, or Bellamy to distract me. Just me and my friends. That's how it always was, until we went to Earth. I close my eyes and fall asleep.

I awake to the sound of cheering. I walk out of the drop ship to see Monty, Jasper's arm slung over his shoulder. People are cheering for them. The bomb must have worked. I smile. The walk over to me and Jasper bear hugs me, "It worked, Mera." Monty smiles, "Yeah, Jasper did it." Jasper elbows Monty in the shoulder, "Hey, we did it." I smile, "That's great guys. Really." Jasper pats me on the back and walks in the direction of the cheering crowds. But the cheering soon stops. Finn is carrying Raven in his arms. Clarke rushes over to her and looks at her sadly, "Get her to a tent." She says. She follows Finn into Raven's tent and closes the flap. I feel someone grab my wrist. I turn around to see Bellamy dragging me into the forest after him. "What do you want now, Blake?" He smiles and exhales deeply, "Mera I realized something when you where um...dying in that drop ship." I roll my eyes, "Let me guess, you realized you look hot even when your pale and dying?" He smiles and shakes his head, "Even though that's totally true, no." he takes a deep breath. My heart rate quickens, "I realized...that..." he swallows. My eyes widen, "I realized that I'm in love with you."

a/n and I'll leave you with that. Yup the torture of not know what will happen next. Anyways please comment what you think so far! I'm really liking how this is turning out. I'll try to update as soon as I can. Thx hope you enjoyed!