𝐗𝐗𝐈

୨୧ 𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐎𝐖? ୨୧

CORIOLANUS SNOW'S IMPENDING ARRIVAL IN DISTRICT 12 MARKED THE BEGINNING OF A STARK  AND UNWELCOMED TRANSFORMATION

CORIOLANUS SNOW'S IMPENDING ARRIVAL IN DISTRICT 12 MARKED THE BEGINNING OF A STARK  AND UNWELCOMED TRANSFORMATION. As they shaved off his hair, scrubbed away the remnants of Capitol luxury, and probed for samples of his blood, it felt like the stripping away of his former self.

The once pristine and polished Coriolanus was now a shell, reshaped by the stark reality of life beyond the Capitol's opulence.

Boarding the train to District 12, his mood sank to its lowest point. Regret gripped him, an icy hand clutching at his insides.

The regret stemmed from the choices he made during the Games— choices that now condemned him to serve as a Peacekeeper in the very districts he once regarded with disdain.

The thought of Lucy Gray lingered, a bittersweet whisper of the past, as a part of him still held onto the possibility of seeing her again.

However, as the train moved farther from the Capitol, the weight of what he left behind settled upon him.

The absence of Grandma'am and Tigris, the severed ties to the life he once knew, amplified the emptiness that replaced the fleeting excitement.

The memory of leaving them, coupled with the awareness of the sacrifices his family made to secure his place, fueled a deep sense of guilt.

Amidst the turmoil, thoughts of Seraphina clawed their way to the forefront of his mind.

The recollection of their final conversation, an argument that unveiled Seraphina's deep love and unwavering sacrifices, haunted him.

Imagining her touch, her smile, and the scent that once lingered in the air, heightened his guilt.

Coriolanus grappled with the reality of abandoning Seraphina, a woman who loved him unconditionally, in pursuit of something elusive with Lucy Gray.

The echoes of her pain resonated within him, a relentless reminder of the choices that led him to this desolate train journey, hurtling toward a future he couldn't predict.

Coriolanus leaned his temple against the glass window, trying to absorb any bit of coolness it might have retained. The stifling train car had just cleared when a half dozen of his fellow recruits piled out at District 9.

Alone at last. He'd been on the train for twenty-four hours without a moment of privacy.

Forward motion was often interrupted by long, unexplained waits. With the fitful travel and the jabbering of the other enlistees, he hadn't slept a wink. Instead, he'd feigned sleep in an attempt to dissuade anyone from talking to him.

Perhaps he could nap now, then awake from this nightmare that seemed, by its tenacity, to actually be his real life.

He rubbed his scabby cheek with the stiff, scratchy cuff of his new Peacekeeper shirt, only reinforcing his hopelessness.