2] awaken *:・

⋆

                                                                  ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・₊ ⊹

When Luna opened her eyes, she was met with a bright light. She reflexively raised her forearm over her eyes to shield them. Cool air tickled her face, and it was then that she realized she was lying on her back somewhere.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that." She heard a woman's raspy voice say. She looked through hooded eyelids to see a black gloved hand turning down a knob on some kind of piece of equipment. The blinding light immediately dimmed. They were in an office of some sort.

Then it finally dawned on her as her vision unblurred.

Shit, that's a woman. A human woman.

Said woman then stood up from the stool she was sitting on and began walking towards Luna. The latter's heart began thumping in her chest and she slowly moved her arm away from her face, getting in a good look at the woman as she tried not to freak out.

She seemed a bit older. Fairly tall and slim. She wore a blue, military type of cap, under which her smooth, black hair fell to just her shoulders. She had deep, violet eyes, and wore a blue, button-up blazer rolled up to her elbows, and had a similar, matching skirt that stopped just above her knees. Luna's eyes then traveled back up to her face. An incredibly captivating face.

"How do you feel?" The woman asked.

Luna's eyes widened and she averted eye contact. She was about to speak her first words to a human. She tried to muster up a response, but nothing came. Instead, she began giggling like a stupid schoolboy with a loopy smile on her face. She instantly cursed herself for it.

The woman blinked a few times at the sight. Then, a small smirk made its way to her face.

"Huh.. Well you're a peculiar one then, aren't you? Just wait until the others hear about this." She said, stepping out of the room.

Others? Luna's mind began racing.

Hear about what? Oh no, did she already figure me out?

She rolled out of the sheets and onto the floor, her palms pressing flat against the cold tiles. She realized she was wearing some white, kind of patient gown, her eyes traveling downwards. That's when she saw them.

Legs.

A hand flew to her mouth in an attempt to suppress a scream. Whether it was one of pure fear or pure excitement, she did not know. But soon enough, that stupid schoolboy giggle was back, so it must have been the latter.

"Hehe, I'm a human, Marina." She marveled in a deep voice, beginning to wiggle her new feet in awe.

Her own words slapped her back into the reality of the situation, however, and she took a brief look around the room.

The walls were a soft, navy blue with white, fancy trimming. There were tall plants in expensive-looking vases, and small, herbal succulents placed about. The room looked aristocratic, almost. It almost felt like a royal's bedroom if it weren't for the odd-looking machines and equipment.

There were counters running around the rim of the room. Atop the counters were bottles of liquids, vials of different medicines, and trays of various small tools. Luna's eyes landed on one tool in particular, or perhaps weapon was more like it. An abnormally large cleaver knife. A shiver ran down her spine.

That woman was clearly a doctor, and if she had, in fact, figured Luna out so quickly, then she needed to move. She had successfully made it to the human world, and she was not about to let the chance slip through her fingers. The last thing she planned on doing was getting experimented on.

She grabbed onto the countertop and, with a small grunt, pulled herself to her feet. She then proceeded to use the countertop to drag herself across the room towards the door, placing one hand in front of the other, but eventually, the countertop ended, and she was left to fend for herself.

She took a step forward, her knee wobbling a little. She let go of the counter and took another tentative step with her other foot. A smile found its way to her face as she slowly advanced towards the door.

I'm doing it..

She made it only about halfway over the threshold before her knees gave out, stumbling forward into the hallway.

"Well, would you look at that?"

Luna's head slowly turned to her right when she heard the sly voice. A man's voice. She saw a dark brown boot, then navy pant legs, part of some suit, similar to that of the woman's. It was a uniform. Her eyes then traveled upwards to his face, and her lips slightly parted.

There was a subtle twinkle in his eyes behind his dark brown bangs, a grace of a smirk on his lips. He had his hands placed upon his hips, looking down at the woman.

A man..

"Don't tease her, she's probably in need of a meal right about now." Another voice came from the left. Luna turned her head.

It was another man in the same uniform, except he had longer, blonde hair, and some sort of accessory over his eyes.

Are those..glasses?