Eᴅɢᴇ ᴏғ Gʀᴇᴀᴛ (2)

Start from the beginning

They sway together before he spins her around. He holds her hands as she spins behind him and comes out the other side. He spins her out before pulling her in and dipping her.

"The truth is finally

Breaking through

Two worlds collide when I'm with you."

Layla pushes away from him. Luke spins a few times on the ground before kneeling in front of her. She takes his hands taking a few steps before he spins her. She goes behind him as he turns and spins her out again.

"A voice is rising so, so high

We come to life

When we're in perfect harmony."

Luke lifts her up and turns her before letting her down slowly. His hands around her waist as she finally lands on the ground. She looks up at him as he holds his hands out.

"Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa

Perfect harmony

Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa."

She takes his hands as he pulls her in front of him again. She looks back at him and his eyes soften as he looks at her. She lifts her hands up in the air.

"We say we're friends."

Luke takes her hands intertwining their fingers.

"We play pretend."

Her holds their hands out before wrapping them around Layla.

"You're more to me."

"We create..."

Luke spins her out again.

"The perfect harmony."

Layla blinks as she stands in front of her dance partner. She looks around noticing she's back in the gym with her class.

"Wow, we nailed that. Good job, Layla." He smiles

"Yeah." She says clearing her throat, "You too."

Layla stands there as he walks past her to his friends. The bell rings and Layla makes her way out of class. Julie watches with furrowed brows before slowly following after her.

_______________________________________

Julie walks into the music room spotting Layla at the piano playing a couple of keys.

"There you are. I've been looking all over for you. Why'd you run out of dance class so fast ?" Julie says sitting on an empty chair next to her.

"Sorry. I just needed some air." Layla mumbles

"You okay ?"

Layla sighs, "The whole time I was dancing, I was imagining my partner was Luke."

"Seriously ?" Julie asks. Layla simply nods, "First off, Flynn called it. Second, I know you always want what you can't have, but Luke is next-level."

"I know, but Luke is the only other person I've met that I feel actually gets me like Janet did. Luke and I just clicked. And he's so-"

"Not real." Julie says apologetically, " You can make all the music you want with Luke, but... he'll always be a phantom."

Layla looks down at the piano. She knew Julie was right, but in the back of her mind she didn't want to believe it. She didn't want to lose another person she cares about.