Fɪɴᴀʟʟʏ Fʀᴇᴇ (2)

______________________________________

Layla and Julie were sat on the couch doing some homework. Julie sitting normal with Layla laying upside down with her head hanging off the edge.

They notice Reggie and Alex poof in, but choose to ignore them.

"Hey, you, uh... you got a second ?" Alex asks

Julie sighs as she adjusts her seating.

"Oh my gosh. They can't see us anymore !" Reggie says. Alex gives him a look with his tongue poking his cheek before he takes a seat on the armrest by Layla. "Oh. Right."

"Layla, please." Alex tries

"We already told you that we're done with the band." She says not sparing him a glance while Julie looked up to him.

"Yeah, we know, all right ? But before you decide that forever, we just... We wanted you to know that Luke isn't as selfish as you think."

"Yeah, you've got him all wrong." Reggie says. Julie scoffs shaking her head as she looks back down at her book.

"You remember that song "Emily" ? Can we at least show you who that's actually about ?" Alex says. Julie looks between them before turning to her cousin. The older girl looks to her cousin before she sighs.

_______________________________________

The four teens managed to make it to Luke's childhood home. Each one hiding behind a plant as they look into the open window of the house. They see Luke sitting on the countertop as an older couple moved around the kitchen.

"So, Emily's his mom ?" Julie says

"Yeah. Yeah, Luke comes here a lot." Alex says

"He thinks we don't know, but... we've been following him." Reggie says, "All he does is just hang out like this and watch them. They never really do anything though."

Layla watches as the woman sets a cake on the table.

"They're having cake. That's something." Julie says

"It's a birthday cake." Layla says softly

"For Luke." Reggie nods

"I never knew Luke was hurting this much." Julie says

"Yeah. It's even worse because when he died, he... left on bad terms. You know, his parents didn't want their 17-year-old in a rock band, so... he just left. He never got the chance to make up with them." Alex says

"That's why Luke was so angry." Reggie says, "If Trevor had given Luke credit for writing all the songs, then... his parents would've known his dream was worth chasing."

"They would have been so proud." Layla mutters as Luke sits at the table with his parents. They watch as they sit together and blow out a single candle coming out of the cake.