Wᴀᴋᴇ Uᴘ (2)

______________________________________

It was a couple of hours later and Julie and Layla were going to clear out Rose's studio. Julie went out before her to start.

Just as Layla was about to walk out of her room, she heard screaming coming from down the hall. She furrows her brows as Julie runs into her room.

"What's wrong ?" Layla says as Julie grabs her shoulders

"There's ghost in Mom's studio." She breathes

"What ?" Layla exclaims

"I'm serious. There are ghosts in the studio." Julie says as she pulls out her phone and paces Layla's room.

"Julie, I think the dust in that studio is getting to your brain."

"No, Layla, I'm serious." She says, "Come on, Flynn. 911 means 911 ! Why aren't you answering me ?"

"Hey." Ray says as he comes into the doorway. Both girls jump at his presence. Julie lets out a short scream.

"Dad." She sighs

"Sorry. Just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"You don't believe me, do you ?" She says

"Honey, of course I do."

"I don't." Layla says. Julie looks over at her with an annoyed expression.

"Mija, I see your mom all the time." Ray says

"This isn't like that."

"I know. It's different for all of us."

"Dad, you're not listening to me." Julie exclaims, "I saw something out there."

"All right. Okay. Okay." He says as he sits on Layla's bed, "I'm listening. Tell me what you saw. It's just you and me here. And Layla." He nods

Julie sighs, "You sound just like Dr. Turner."

"Well, maybe seeing Dr. Turner again isn't such a bad idea." Ray says looking to Layla who laughs

"Dad !" Julie says, "Can we just drop it ?"

"All right." He says making a hand motion, "Dropped. We good ?"

"Yeah." Julie says as she links pinkies with him. Ray smiles before he walks out.

Layla watches as Julie creeps to the window to look out. She laughs, "Julie, you look insane."

"I know what I saw out there." She says before she nods, "And I'll prove it to you."

Julie grabs Layla's arm leading her out to the stairs. As they go down, Julie grabs the cross hanging on the wall. Layla rolls her eyes as they make their way outside.

As they make it to the studio, Julie lets go of Layla's hand to hold the cross out with two arms. Julie's takes careful steps into the studio with Layla right behind her.