Fɪɴᴀʟʟʏ Fʀᴇᴇ (3)

______________________________________

After she got ready, Layla made her way to her cousin's room. She knocks before walking in and sees Julie sitting on her bed. She frowns as she closes the door.

"Why aren't you getting ready?"

Julie sighs, "I got grounded for missing my classes this morning."

"Seriously? Your dad is usually easy on you." Layla says plopping down next to her

"Tía Victoria."

That was all Layla needed to hear, "Got it."

Layla falls back on the bed as Julie's phone goes off. She hears the girl laugh before there's a knock on the door. Layla sits up as they notice an arm poking through.

"What are you guys doing?" Julie says

Reggie peaks in, "We're being classy."

He's pulled back before Luke walks in, "Why are you still here? We're going in, like, 20 minutes."

"I lied to my dad, so... now I'm stuck in my room all night."

"Yeah, but we were just at the venue. I mean, it's packed. Like, VIPs, managers. It's kind of crazy." Alex says

"What are we gonna do about my aunt? She's right downstairs." Julie says

Luke looks to Layla who already knew what he was thinking. "Your aunt." He scoffs then steps towards the window before opening it, "You're not taking the stairs."

Julie looks toward the boys with her jaw dropped slightly. She looks toward her cousin who smiles with raised brows.

Julie smiles, "Okay. Let me get dressed. I'll meet you guys there."

Alex and Reggie poof out first. Luke follows shortly after. Layla stands up walking toward the door, "I'll meet you outside in 10."

Julie nods as she gets up while Layla walks out closing the door behind her.

______________________________________

Julie and Layla managed to successfully make it to the restaurant. Layla texting Janet that she was performing, which got an excited response.

As Julie and Layla walk in, they immediately see Flynn and Janet.

"Are we too late?" Julie says setting her bag down

"Too early." Janet says. The girls look toward the stage as the guests clap.

"Hope you all came to have a great time." Carrie giggles

"Dirty Candy? How'd she get on the list?" Layla says

"Her daddy probably made a call." Flynn says before turning to Julie and pointing out her vest. "I like this! Pretty flower."