Hayun 🧁

Morning sleeping beauty
How are u feeling
11:55

Sick, he was feeling sick.

He stared at her message, then scrolled up through the conversation with his throat drying more and more until it hurt to swallow.

Jisung practically threw his phone on the bed, shutting his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose.

He wanted the ground to open up and swallow him.

"Jisung we have to go soon!" Jeno's voice rang out.

In a panic, Jisung got up from his bed but his foot got all caught up in the blanket that he ultimately went tripping onto the ground.

"No, no. I can't go." He spoke, stammering it out as he realised he would see her at the rehearsal for the end of year performances.

He knows he would see her because Everlast was having their debut stage there.

Jeno opened the door to Jisung's room with a casual "Hey, we gotta go soon," but the scene that greeted him was unexpected. There, sprawled on the floor in an unintentionally dramatic fashion, was Jisung, his limbs entangled with a blanket.

His confusion was evident as he scanned the room, trying to piece together what had just happened.
"What happened here?" Jeno asked, his tone a mix of concern and curiosity.

Jisung, seemingly caught off guard, mumbled something incomprehensible.

"Are you okay?" Jeno inquired, suppressing a hint of amusement at the absurdity of the situation. It wasn't every day that he walked into his friend's room only to find him tangled up like a human pretzel.

"I can't go."

Jisung, still on the ground, muttered.
"I can't go, Jeno."

His friend, now more intrigued and slightly concerned, raised an eyebrow.
"What do you mean you can't go? We've got the rehearsal stage today. Come on."

Jisung looked genuinely distressed.
"No!" He almost cried out. "I can't...I'm yeah, I'm sick! I'm hungover." He stammered, trying to be convincing.

Jisung, still feeling the weight of embarrassment, decided to resort to a desperate excuse.

"Jeno, I think I'm sick. Like, really sick," he muttered, adopting a tone that was a mix of hangover-induced grogginess and feigned illness.

Jeno, who knew Jisung well enough to see through the act, raised an eyebrow.
"Sick? You look fine to me. Don't tell me you're trying to get out of the rehearsal?"

Jisung attempted to look convincingly unwell, rubbing his temples and letting out a soft groan.
"No, seriously. I can't go. My head is pounding, and my stomach- I think might throw up."

Jeno sighed, realizing Jisung was resorting to dramatic measures to avoid the impending awkwardness.
"Jisung, I've known you for years. You're not sick. Get up dude, and let's go. Everyone is waiting."

Jisung hesitated for a moment, his feigned illness losing its effect. Eventually, he sighed in resignation, realizing he couldn't escape the inevitable. He couldn't miss rehearsals either.