CHAPTER 31: Confrontation Unfolds

Start from the beginning

driven by aggression and a desire to avenge their comrade.

remaining focused I swiftly assed the situation and determine the most effective course of action.

I deflect the approaching fist and redirect the guards momentum to utilize their own energy against them.

I swiftly sidestep anther approaching strike and take advantage of their vulnerability.

executing a controlled maneuver I harshly guide the 2nd guard off balance.

using the new found fast momentum I redirect them into a wall smashing their face to the cold  brick.

"I told you" I taunt the now crumpled security guards that I have moved to sit slumped against the metal stairs as I pass them.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

LAURENS POV

" Lauren the boss wants you in his office" Aaron shouts at me from over the bar.

"know why?" I question wiping my alcohol covered hands on the dish cloth that hangs over my shoulder.

"no clue but he sounds moody so get going" Aaron warns me using his hands to usher me along before disappearing back into the crowd.

I walk towards the stairs and see that both the body guards are slumped on the floor.

my instincts kick in making me become nervous yet ready to attack

I step over the guards and make my way up to the boss's office my curiosity and unease flooding my sense more.

the reason behind my summons remains unknown but the air carries a sense of urgency and importance.

as I approached the door I notice a hushed conversation emanating within.

pausing for a moment to collect myself.

only to pause and listen

"What do you want?" my boss asked, his tone dripping with superiority.

"You don't know who I am, do you?" the second person replied.

"I do. You're the Red Hood, right? Heard about your little escapades in Gotham. Not impressed," my boss retorted dismissively.

A chuckle echoed in the room, unsettling the arrogant figure. "What's so funny?" he demanded.

"Do you listen to rumors, or do you know the truth? Because if you know the truth, you'd be less cocky," the mysterious figure replied, his laughter continuing.

My boss hesitates, trying to regain his composure. "I know enough," he stammered, attempting to sound confident again, but faltering as he realized the weight of the other's reputation.

"Why are you here?" my boss feebly ask the stranger again.

The mysterious figure laughes a deep laugh" Oh, you know, just here for the ambiance. Thought I'd enjoy the delightful company and breathtaking décor."

The laughter stopped abruptly as the mysterious figure issued a warning, "Don't bother. No one's coming."

I gently knock on the glass door and push it open softly.

I open it to reveal a scene that both intrigued and unsettles me.

the sight of my boss behind his customary ornate desk sent a shiver down my spine.

The man I'd known to exude an air of calculated cunning and sly confidence now appeared unnerved and slightly terrified.

His typically slender frame seemed more gaunt, almost exaggerated in its frailty.