CHAPTER 1 : Big Bad World

Lauren's pov

"Come back you little shit" the bald man roughly shouts as he dodges and weaves though the crowd.

I look back with a laugh running faster than my little legs will go.

I duck through the stalls and people that crowd the market trying to plan my escape route.

I look over my shoulder noting the man is getting closer to me his ugly face red with rage.

"Shit" I curse under my breath  darting my head around the place looking for the door.

I spot one a few meters from my position a small smirk comes to my face.

I dart towards  it pushing people out my way.

I make my way out of the market and onto the   dark dingy docks.

The man pushes his way out onto the Dock aswell momentarily searching for me before spotting me.

"HEY" he once again shouts storming after me.

"Nope" I state running towards gotham.

Twisting into the streets I run up my bag smashing against my back.

"Stop you little bitch" the man rages from behind me.

I turn into an alleyway lined with bins and trash it also smelt horrible all in the hopes of shaking him off.

That back fires as I turn into a dead end.

"No where to run now you little shit" the  bald man growls behind me stalking further into the dark alleyway.

I put  my hands up in surrender trying to look as terrified as i can.

The man just grins a sickly grin.

 I roll my eyes turning My back to the man as I asses the wall in front of me.

Do able I conclude to myself

"Last chance little girl or I take it by force" he ask cracking his knuckles slowly getting closer behind me.

" don't think I will" I tell him with a laugh before saluting him.

I run full speed to a bin that sits up against the back wall jumping ontop of it  with ease and jumping once more to grab the last rung of a ladder.

Not wasting a second I jump onto the back wall and into the alleyway behind.

The bald man cursing me out.

I stumble the landing but still stay standing.

I turn behind me walking backwards just to make sure he doesn't attmept to follow me.

He doesn't leaving me cackling like a maniac.

I turn back around and sling my bag over my shoulder  opening it up all whilst walking my head down.

"Sweet" I cheer to myself taking In my haul.

Necklaces , bracelets , wallets stashed with money.

I continue walking up the street in my own world.

Until I bump into something leaving me on my ass.

"what the fuck" comes a yelp from the thing I bumped into.

"Could say the same thing" I reply rubbing my ass as I stand.

I look up to find a glaring boy staring right into my soul with his emerald eyes.

I study him with interest  he seems around my age maybe a year older his raven hair long and disheveled on top his head  his face sporting a prominent scar on his jaw.

His hoodie grubby his jeans ripped that cover his solid yet scrawny figure.

"Watch were your going" he spits out with annoyance his face still a picture of rage.

"Sorry" I flippantly reply not giving an actual shit how he felt.

"Tch" he scoffs stalking back down the alleyway I came.

" what's his problem" I roll my eyes as I exit the alleyway double checking I lost the bald bastard.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

20 mins later

"Immm bacckk" I shout out as I enter  the house.

No reply comes making Me shift in sadness.

I throw my bag onto the  couch and shuffle into the kitchen.

I slam open the fridge door that never budges and search it contents.

I pick up the milk carton and sniff it.

I gag definitely gone off.

I throw it with perfect aim into the bin and fist pump the air.

I lean back into the fridge and take out the last of my pizza.

I put the last 2 slices on the plate and shove it in the microwave.

I place both my hands on the floor and lift myself up into a handstand I start moving along the kitchen distracting myself as my pizza warms.

I hear the familiar ping and drop from my hand stand and   take my plate from the microwave passing it from each hand to stop  burning them.

 I wonder over to the couch and turn on the TV immersing myself in mindless shows whilst eating.

My mind wanders back to the boy in the alleyway why who knows.

I quickly tear myself away from the thought and retrieve my bag.

I start taking out my loot counting as I go.

4 bracelets....

200 cash.

1 ..... hang on 1 necklace?

I riffle around my bag frantically searching for the 2nd necklace.

Where .... and then I realise.

" that sneaky butthole" I mutter to myself laughing slightly impressed.

I recall back to the alleyway he purposely bumped into me .

Somehow he managed to slip his slimy little fingers into my bag and steal my loot.

" I'm gonna hurt him" I conclude getting off my couch readying to leave.

Authors note

Sooo what do we think I'm rather proud of it myself.

I hope your excited for more chapters

And please comment or ask any questions if you want to.

Byeeee