Epilogue

"Anj, are you okay?" Rudra knocked the bathroom door.

"Yeah, I am fine." She said.

"Is everything okay? Can I come in?" He asked, getting impatient about her.

"I am coming out in a minute, Rudr." She said, in a minute she was out. She walked to the bed and sat on it with a sigh, running her hands through her hair. Confused and worried about her behavior, Rudr sat beside her wrapping his arm around her and pulling her into a side hug. She turned into his embrace, the smell of his scent and sweat calming her.

"What's wrong baby?" He asked, pushing the baby hair away from her face.

"I took a pregnancy test." She spoke, making Rudra freeze.

"And?" He asked.

"I don't know. I am too nervous to see it." She said, pulling away from the embrace and looking at him.

"Should I–Can I see it?" He asked and she nodded. He walked towards the bathroom taking nervous steps. There were three tests lined up on the counter. They all looked the same. He looked at them before he picked up one and walked out. "What does two lines mean?" He asked, looking between her and the test. Anjali snapped her head towards him and walked towards him.

"What?" She asked, looking at the test. "What about the other two?" She asked, walking towards the bathroom.

"Wait, they are all the same." He told, making her stop in her tracks.

"What?" She asked again. Rudra gave her a stink eye hearing her say 'What' again and again.

"What is wrong? What does this mean?" He asked, frustration getting to his head.

"Pregnant." She murmured. 

"Wow." Rudra muttered, making Anjali look at him in surprise. "What?" He imitated her. "Are you not happy? This is such great news." He exclaimed his happiness beaming on his face. Anjali hugged him, knocking his balance as tears rolled down her cheeks. He hugged her tight, as a few tears rolled down his cheeks too.

A knock resounded on the door, making them pull apart. Rudra and Anjali wiped each other's tears before Rudra kissed her on her lips. As Rudra went to get the door, Anjali stopped him, holding his wrist.

"Do not tell anyone now. Let us keep it a secret for now. It is his big day. I don't want to steal the spotlight from him." Rudra nodded before he went to get the door.

"Bhaiya, you aren't ready? Come down fast. Where is bhabhi?" Pihu asked, as she peeped into the room trying to look for her bhabhi.

"We are coming. Give us 25 mins. We shall come down." Rudra assured as he locked the door behind him.

It was Ved's wedding day. And Anjali had missed her periods and her instincts told her to get a test done. And that was how they landed in today's situation.

"Do you want to eat something? Are you tired? You have so many duties down at the wedding, will we be able to manage? Should I inform ma?" He asked, thinking about all the possibilities that they would encounter.

"I think I should be fine. But let us try not to let the cat out of the bag. I think we should be fine." Anjali replied, thinking about all the things she had to do today. They quickly got ready for the day and headed to the mandap to take a look at the arrangements before the wedding started.

Throughout the wedding Rudra kept googling about pregnancy in spite of having first hand experience with Priyanshi, while Anjali tried her best to keep herself stress free. She had been sweating a bit more than usual and she did feel tired in spite of keeping herself hydrated and full.

"Are you okay?" Rudra asked, as Anjali wiped sweat off her forehead. Ved and Rukmini had exchanged the Varmala. They were seated in front of the holy fire, as Ved filled Rukmini's forehead with vermilion and tied a mangalsutra around her neck. All the elders showered them with flowers and blessings.

As everyone retired to their rooms early in the morning, Rudra and Anjali changed into something comfortable. Anjali and Rudra were lying on the bed, with Rudra's head near Anjali's stomach. He kissed her stomach making her giggle feeling his stubble. "Hey baby, this is daddy. Hi. Can you hear me?" He asked, littering kisses between his words. Anjali ran her fingers through his hair as he talked to her stomach.

"Rudra, let's go to the doctor tomorrow, the first thing in the morning." She said and Rudra nodded.

" Nausea, mood swings, cravings and what all do you have to go through? Seriously! I think it never felt so real with Priyanshi as much as I am feeling now. Even though we saw every phase of this journey with her it still feels new. Do you feel the same?" Rudra asked, as he raised his head to look at her. Anjali looked at him and nodded at him.

"It feels surreal Rudra, so surreal. I just hope we become good parents." She spoke, voicing out her concern.

"You will be a great mother. Priyanshi, Mahi, Ved would tell you how wonderful a mother you would be." Rudra spoke.

"So would you, Rudr. There is no doubt in this. They would also tell you how good a father you are." Anjali said. "Let's sleep." We need to escape silently tomorrow before we need to be back to finish the rituals tomorrow."

"Come on baby. I love you so much Anj. Thank you so much for this special day. I couldn't be happier." He kissed her softly on her lips making her smile into the kiss.

"I'll always love you more Rudr." She said, as they drifted into a peaceful sleep.

**********

Epilogue is up guys. My new book Meenakshi shall be out soon. Give me 25 comments on this chapter and I shall post the new story soon.

Luv <3.