Chapter Sixteen || Cozy

They made their way through the school, heading further than william had ever been. Most of it felt more for the teacher Than the students.

Korvin tried his best to remember The route. He had walked back to Carter's home with him before, but after a while flying over the wall was just quicker. And given the storm happening outside it wasn't really a good idea to fly now.

So they took the normal route, which meant he had to use all his memory To find it. But he did, eventually. "Well have to walk our side for a bit.." Korbin said as The reached the door to the outside of the school. "That's fine," William said as he opened the door.

He looked outside into the storm. It was raining a lot. Through the rain, William could just about make out the shape of a small house. "If we run maybe we won't be totally soaked," Williams said, turning to Korbin. "You Mean, I won't be totally soaked." He laughed.

William had dried a little bit compared to earlier, but besides not dripping water anymore, he was still said through and through. "Let's just go, I'm getting cold," William complained before He made a run for it. They both ran outside And up to the house as quickly as possible. Trying to avoid the storm.

Once they were inside Korbin closed the door behind them as they caught their breath. "Alright, safe." He said as he walked further into the house.

William looked around astonished. It was a lot cozier than he had imagined. The room was rather small, with just one couch in front of an old TV, next to it was an open kitchen, Just big enough for one person to use at a time. On the other side of the room was a bookshelf.

The other side of the wall was lined with three doors, what he assumed would be two bedrooms and a bathroom. It all gave a nice feeling, like a place you could call home. Even if it looked old and abandoned in some spots....

"Let me check if I have clothes that'll fit you," Korbin said as he walked up to one of the doors. "Yes please," William said as he followed in after him.

Korbin went straight for the closet in the small room. Even though there was barely Enough room to walk around, there was a two-person bed in the room.

"Is this your room?" William asked curiously. "Yeah," Korbin said back as he rummaged through his closet, trying to find something. "What's with the bed?" william questioned.

"Oh well-" Korbin Turned around, holding a dry set of clothes. "It's just, sometimes when I'm sleeping, my wings just- pop out," he said, making the movements with his arms. "A single bed just won't fit me at that point, so Carter switched rooms with me." He smiled as he handed william the clothes.

"That's, nice of him." william said as he took the clothes. "He is a nice person. "Korbin smiled. It got quiet for a second before Korbin walked back towards the door. "I'll let you get changed, just yell if you need anything." He said as he opened the door. "Right, thanks," william said back. Korbin nodded before closing the door behind him.

William let out a sigh as he stood In the room alone. Now was gonna be the hard part. The magic was still in effect. And even though it was only part of him that had changed back, he was able to ignore it for now.

But he had to fave it in order to change. He couldn't leave his underwear on, it was also soaked, and it would be uncomfortable. So after taking a few deep breaths he quickly undressed and put on the dry clothes.

Once he was dressed he calmed himself down, feeling a little proud he didn't freak out this time. "Right okay-" he said to himself as he reached for his phone. He was planning to check the time until he realized his phone wasn't on him.

He must've left it back in his room after dropping off his things. He never had time to change out of his gym uniform after everything that had happened. "Well, that's just great." He said to himself.

He took one more deep breath before walking out of the room. He searched the wall for a clock, feeling relieved when he found one. The alarms Went off around 1P.m.... so that means that twelve hours from now would be 1 a.m.

Only ten hours to go...

"Do they fit?" Korbin asked from his seat on the couch, pulling William out of his thoughts. "Hm?" He looked At Korbin confused. "The clothes?" He explained.

Williams's Face flushed red. In all the uncomfortableness he had almost forgotten whose clothes he had gotten. He grabbed the edge of The sleeve tightly, looking away as he felt embarrassed. "Y-yes Thanks." He said back, avoiding eye contact.

"Good, I'm sure it wasn't comfortable." Korbin smiled as he turned around again, facing the television.

The clothes weren't the part that was making him uncomfortable. "It's way better now-" william walked around the couch, sitting down next to Korbin. "Thanks-" he smiled.

Korbin looked away, his face a hint of a blush as well Don't worry about it."

William pulled his legs up, crossing them as he got comfortable on the couch. "So now what do we do?" He asked. "I'm not sure..." Korbins Said back, turning towards the TV again.

"Well- what do you usually do when you're done with your chores?" William asked, leaning back into the couch. "I usually just wait for Carter to come home.." Korbin shrugged. William looked back interested. "So who is this Carter person, you keep mentioning him." He asked.

"Oh- uhm." Korbing thought for a second, not sure how to explain. "He took me in a while ago. He's kind of like my guardian, in a way. Even though I'm an adult." He shrugged. William wanted to ask more but could see it was a personal matter, so he let it go.

'"There must be something you do while waiting for him?" William asked again. Korbin looked around the room before he got an idea. "Well... we could always watch a movie?" He shrugged.