"Yeah...right." I laughed while going to get us something to drink.

"You used to fuss at me all the time about overworking myself and look at you Mya."

"I wouldn't say I'm overworking myself I just— I am over working myself. I've bitten off more than I can chew opening three stores and expanding my brand. I saw dollar signs and went crazy."

"Three stores?!"

"Yes all at once luckily two are in Texas but still. I'll be spending a lot of time in Houston and Dallas soon, just a heads up."

"Just bring me my babies and take however long you need."

"Thanks. What have you been up to?"

"Absolutely nothing and it has me feeling weird as fuck. I want to put out an album but the inspiration is just not there right now. I'm sure it'll come to me though."

"It always does so don't worry."

He nodded while drinking from his water. "So what's the plan for the next few days I hope it ain't us sitting here staring at each other."

"You don't wanna stare at me for 3 days?"

"As fun as that sounds, no."

"Even though I know it's your wildest dream to stare at me for three days we're going skiing tomorrow."

"I can't wait."

"And if I find out you ski like a professional, I'll hate you forever."

"After eleven years around each other, you haven't realized that I'm a professional at everything I put my hands on." He grinned and tilted his head.

"Well this is my first time so you'll be my teacher."

"They pay people to do that. You're on your own sweetheart."

"Not you being a mean girl."

"My wife I'd help, my baby mama can tumble down the hill."

I didn't know whether to laugh or toss a spoon at him. "Oh okay. You wanna be like that, cool. I'll pay one of the instructors."

"Just playing, I'll help."

"Naw, forget you." I tossed a napkin at his chest. "Anyway, I do want you to know that I want you to get better. I know that I'm the reason you're like this and it makes me feel horrible. No matter what Chris, I'll always love and care about you and I'll always want what's best for you."

"Thanks and same here. Yeah, it's not easy seeing you with somebody else but if you really feeling Lucas, I'm happy for you and wish yall the best and I really mean that."

"Aww look at you being a grown up." Reaching over, I pinched his chin. He laughed gently moving my hand away. "Can I find you a girlfriend?"

"Hell no."

"Why not?! I think I'm the best person for the job. I don't need you going back to those leeches that you used to date, I need you to find a nice wholesome woman that's good with kids."

"I couldn't pick out who you date so you can't pick out who I date. If I had any say so you wouldn't be with that cornball you're with now."

"Why is he a cornball? Cause he ain't dripped in ice or covered in tattoos?"

"That ain't got nothing to do with it. He just looks corny."

"Well he's not, he's a different vibe for me. I'm enjoying that."

"So y'all exclusive? That's ya man? He been around my kids?"

"No he's not my man, just getting to know each other. No he hasn't been around our kids. I don't play that. We barely see each other because we're both busy. Those few dates are the only time we get to see each other besides FaceTime."

Checkmate - THE FINAL LEVELOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara