Chapter 1. Reunion

You laid on the dirt, blood pooling around you as you stared at the blue sky above. You could smell the smoke, but beyond that you could smell a slight hint of some kind of flower. You couldn't really tell what it was, but the smell was strong enough to reach through the dark clouds that were slowly starting to over take your vision.

You couldn't move. You didn't really to. What would be the point? You would just have to get up and carry on with this relentless existence. You would have to deal with the pain, the bitterness, the anger, everything.

Your fingers dug into the dirt, almost trying to dig a hole for yourself to die in. The smoke was all you could see now. It started to make your eyes water with a stinging pain. You closed them for a moment before you realized it wasn't helping. You turned your head to try and get away from it, only to open your eyes to find hers staring right into you.

Your nightstand had a small desk lamp on it that was currently off. Your fan was on a lower setting and your TV was now playing a random video on Runetube which was a retrospective on some show you recalled watching when you were younger. You stayed still for a moment, listening to the commentator speak as life outside your window carried on as if all was right in the world.

After a while, you turned your head to look at the ceiling. You needed to take a shower. You hated sweat.

You washed your hair as the warm water washed over your skin. The only thing you wore was the dogtags around your neck. They used to shine, once upon a time, but now they were just dark reminders. It was like wearing chains. They felt heavy.

After getting dressed and brushing your teeth you stepped out of your room to find a familiar face sitting on the couch. Jinx had a bowl of sugary cereal and was still in her sleepwear which was really just a shirt too big for her and a pair of shorts. Her hair was undone, leaving her long blue hair to cover a large portion of the couch as she watched TV.

She nodded to you as you walked by, a gesture you returned, before you stepped into the small kitchen area. You opened a cabinet and pulled out a mug before starting up the coffee maker.

Jinx: Some bitch is getting heat cause she made fun of a kid.

Y/N: Really now? What for?

Jinx: He beat Tetris and she said it wasn't a life goal and that he should go outside.

Y/N: Man. What a cunt.

You got your mug and walked over to the couch, taking a seat on the only spot not covered in blue hair. You took a sip as you watched the news. The two of you sat in silence for a while until Jinx turned to you.

Jinx: I heard you tossing and turning last night again.

Y/N: Did you?

Jinx: You wanna talk about it?

You took another sip.

Y/N: Nope.

Jinx: Aight.

She turned back to the TV and continued eating. It wasn't much longer until she retreated to her room to braid her hair. Left alone to your own devices, you switched the TV to the console and started up a game you had been playing lately.

You couldn't say you were any good at it, but you were able to enjoy the story.

K/DA:
The
Manager

You yawned as you waited for the gas to fill up the tank. You sniffed right after as you held the nossle to the gaspump. Jinx usually filled her car up herself, but she had headed inside for some snacks. You didn't mind helping her. The gas station was mostly empty and the other person who was here was in their car since it was cold outside. Winter was coming to an end soon, but for now it was still freezing.