[Mission Three]: Form The Contract

17:56

"I want a pistol with a silencer!" Anya said, as Y/N held onto her hand with a tight grip. It wasn't so tight that it would break her hand, but it was tight enough to keep her from running off into the dangerous streets. 

"Sure, we can check if they're selling any," Y/N nodded, walking with her down the street. "They definitely aren't, but I'm not going to say no and cause a scene." For the second time that day, he could feel somebody's eyes on him, watching him from afar. However, whoever this mysterious person was, he was unable to tell where exactly they were without giving away that he was aware of their presence. "Somebody's watching us again. If it's an assassin, then..." he glanced at Anya, who was now looking up at him with a fearful facial expression.

"Papa, are we going to be ambushed?" she questioned him worriedly.

"Of course not, what gave you that idea?" Y/N asked back, confused on how she managed to sense the presence of a possible enemy. "This girl was able to notice that somebody was watching us... without proper training, no less. Her latent talent is impressive; I might reconsider putting her into an orphanage when I no longer need her. I could make her my apprentice. She would become far better than I ever could be." 

He nodded to himself, already planning out training routines. "I'd start it off with bearable training fit for an apprentice of her age and as she grows up, I'll slowly ease her into more difficult and challenging training routines. I'll push her to her limits when I'm absolutely certain she could handle it." But then he shook his head, trying to rid himself of these thoughts. "No, I need to focus on the task at hand first. Nevertheless I should consider at least giving her some self defence training in the scenario where I'm not around to protect her."

"Papa sounds serious about this," she noted. "But it sounds so exciting too!" She daydreamed about her as a professional hitman apprentice and going on missions with him. 

"Would it be wise to have her join the Embassy?" he asked himself mentally, as Anya read his mind with intrigue. "Hmm, I'll have to analyse how she follows rules as she grows older. If she's a rulebreaker then I'm not sure that having her join the Embassy would be wise... Oh, but in that case, I would have to put her in an orphanage once I'm done with Desmond since the Embassy would most likely force her in. Unless I retired, though I don't plan on ever doing that."

"Is the Embassy a place for hitmen?" she wondered. "So exciting!" Clearly she was starving for any form of excitement. "I should follow rules so Papa doesn't get rid of me too!"

"Come on, little one, pay attention, we're entering the store now," Y/N said, pointing towards the large supermarket, before he walked her to the entrance.

The next five minutes was spent with Y/N keeping a close eye on Anya as he moved a trolley he grabbed down the aisles, proceeding to put any of the groceries he was looking for. Admittedly this would have taken a maximum of five minutes (most of which would be spent on just waiting in queue), but with the presence of Anya and more of a reason to not draw any attention to himself, he opted for a more slow grocery shopping experience.

"Peanuts!" Anya said, pointing at a shelf that had the fabled 'Luxury Peanuts', which were at half price. She ran over to grab them, as Y/N followed along with the trolley that had a few groceries on. It wasn't everything on his mental list, but it was still a decent amount for the slow pace he was going at. To Y/N's annoyance, Anya started to pile up all of the peanuts onto the trolley.

"Hey, I'm not going to get you all of these!" Y/N said, gesturing to the high number of peanut packets that she had placed in the trolley. "Put them back!"