hazel callahan | can i be yours?

Start from the beginning

You groan some more and sit up against the decorative pillows that still adorn your bed. Feet kicking against the covers to remove them from your body.

How much did you drink? You weren't sure, but you could feel the regret seeping into your features at how like shit you felt right now.

Unaware, to the door to your bedroom suddenly opening from the outside. And a figure stepped into the room, with a tray that held iced water, a small plate of fruit and a box of ibuprofen, atop it.

"Are you okay? Sorry, stupid question, you look like shit."

You spun your gaze to face who had just spoken, and you felt the familiar butterflies erupt in your stomach as you recognised it to be Hazel. Hazel Callahan, your long-time crush, stood there.

"I feel like shit...did you bring me home?" You asked, squinting slightly as you watched her step closer to where you sat.

Hazel nodded in response to your question and set down the tray upon your bed. As you shifted your weight, you didn't knock it off accidentally.

You could feel your stomach growl carefully, as you realised you hadn't eaten since yesterday afternoon. Since before you left for that party, you'd both been invited too.

Which now that you thought about it, you couldn't really remember much about what happened there. Did you say anything stupid? Act stupid? Or did you...no you shook your head.

Deciding to voice the first question aloud to Hazel, you waited patiently for a response. Curiosity gnawed at you from the inside.

Hazel, on the other hand, panicked. Shifting her weight, from foot to foot. Attempting to come up with something. She hoped that you didn't sense her panic at all.

What should she say? Does she bring up how you practically confessed your feelings to her? And as she looked into your curious gaze, staring almost-eagerly back at her. She caved.

Her words spilled from her lips as she recounted what you'd said to her. Then she watched.

She watched as you sat there, eyes widening at every little bit, and for a moment, she swore she saw a little bit of panic flicker in your features.

"I know, you didn't mean it. It's okay. We can go back to being friends now, or at least try to." She rambled, diverting her gaze from where you sat atop your covers.

Her ears completely missed the call of her name, which exited from your lips.

"Can I be yours?" You tried, hoping she'd turn back to you.

Huh? She did, in fact, turn back to you, confused expression on her features.

"What did you just say?" She asked slowly, in an attempt to see if she had heard right. Did she really hear that? Or was she just imagining things?

"I said, can I be yours?" You tried once more. Silently praying, Hazel would figure out that you were, in fact, serious. That you were not joking, not even the slightest bit.

Hazel looked up, attempting to find anything in your features that signified that you were kidding. That you were not actually serious and that you were playing with her. But when she couldn't find anything as such, she sighed in relief.

Her words exited from her lips after she hesitated for a moment. "Yes. Yes, you can be mine...If I can also be yours?"

And you nodded, smiles coming onto both of your faces. A wide smile, knowing that you both returned each other's feelings.