00 . prolouge

[prolouge]

     the cold wind outside of the cabins nipped at her skin, turning her cheeks into a pink blush, as her auburn hair slightly blew from in front of her should to behind. her hands started to ache, being pressed down on the wooden railing of the deck for far too long. she prayed to the gods that she wouldn't have any splinters when she chose to get up. mosquitos bit at her exposed legs, unknown to areadella, as she focused on the fight happening outside of the campus.

     areadella had never been one to participate in fights. the only reason she would need to be in a fight is if someone she loved got hurt. and she only cared about a few people in her life. annabeth, her step sister lonnie, and her mother. unlike most halfbloods and their parents, areadella and aphrodite got along expressivly well. they had monthly spa nights, where aphrodite would gather up her sons and daughter to take them to get new clothes, their hair done, makeovers, whatever they wanted.

     the fight outside was unusual, and ari debated on whether to call chiron out to deal with it, but figured he knew all about it already. with the fog surrounding camp, she couldn't tell exactly what happened, but she made out some small details. a car. two boys, one who wasn't fully human, and she assumed to be grover. a woman. and a minotaur.

     ariadella continued watching the mess outside before deciding it was time to go to bed. she turned around before sliding off the deck railing and walking through the door of her cabin. her half siblings were all asleep already, so she snuck quietly, slowly walking to not wake them with the creaky floorboards. she walked to her bunk in the corner of the room, climbing up the ladder, sinking fast asleep into her soft blankets and pillows.

warmsideofthepillow speak!!
ik this is super short but it's midterms week and I wanted to at least get the prolouge out. so yea. BYE BYE YALLSIES. this also wasn't proofread so 😋