Chapter 8

Wildheart wandered into the savannah. He was on lion territory. But he hadn't been caught. Wildheart sometimes heard the kin78g and his soldiers roaring. Looking for him. He would hide and see lionesses from other prides. They would never catch his scent though.

One day he caught the eye of one lioness. She was hunting alone. So he approached her.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"I am Wildheart, the one who has been hiding on your land. I just wanted to meet you," the leopard said.

"I am Princess Star, my aunts are not far, you better go before they come." The lioness said.

"Alright, goodbye then princess," Wildehart purred and left.

~.~

"Star!" Star's aunt Duststorm, a dusty brown lioness nuzzled her and purred.

Star nuzzled back as Kova came over. The three lionesses went back to their hunt.

Star's father greeted her and her aunts when they returned. Her father had grown old and decided to step down. Now her aunt Duststorm was queen. And she would still continue her training.

Queen Duststorm went to the throne room and sat upon her throne. She had summoned the general, Star, Star's uncle and aunt, and the old king.

"We are planning to fight the cheetahs, show them that the lions are stronger and don't need their help! They have come asking for help before, even asking if we needed help! Now we can show them." Queen Duststorm said. The other lions roared in agreement. "And my niece, the future queen, will join beside me to fight them."

"B-but they did nothing wrong! Aunt Duststorm? I won't fight a weaker kingdom for no reason!" Star said defiantly.

"Star, if you pity other kingdoms, then you will become a weak queen. Just like King Redtail and Queen Goldenheart! Ha! They are even related, stupidity probably runs in the family." Duststorm laughed.

Star flattened her ears at her aunt, "I'm not joining you." she said and left the throne room.

Everyone was silent. Exchanging worried glances. The old king looked embarrassed.

"This meeting is over, leave now." Duststorm ordered. Everyone obeyed and left. Afraid to look their queen in the eye.