Chapter 1 : fear

Nanami's P.O.V

*BEEP BEEP BEEP* I slammed on my alarm clock. I gently opened my eye from underneath my sheets and looked at my clock and sighed "5am, why does the world have to be so cruel?" I muttered wanting to snuggle under my covers, but I dragged myself out of the bed and got dressed to go running.

My name is Nanami Bell I am 17 years old and am about to attend Iwatobi High School. I have green and blue hair, green eyes and I have very pale skin.

I grabbed my keys and locked the door and began running down my street.

I was attending Samezuka Academy but left. I used to go to the Iwatobi swim club but... stopped.

As I ran gently down the street the sound of the sea could be heard splashing onto the sand.

When I was 12... something terrible happened...

I ran back to my front door after the hour run.

I once had a brother named Aoi... but he died... He was only 17 and it was all my fault...

I had a quick shower before having cereal, changing into comfortable clothes and began studying.

I don't like taking about it... because I can still remember it... I was there...

It turned seven o'clock and I began to change into my uniform.

I was there... I could have stopped that... that... that creep... but... I couldn't.

I grabbed my bag before running out the door and walking my way to school.

I could have stopped it happening... but I didn't and now because of that... my brother is dead.

-------------

"Class we have a new student today, please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about yourself" he teacher said kindly. I stood at the top of the class and looked around the room before speaking, "My name is Nanami Bell, I attended Samezuka Academy before here and like running" I announced.

The teacher pointed out a seat for me beside a blonde hair boy with dark pink colour eyes. I mostly took down notes while hearing whispers about me when a ball of paper floated onto my desk, I rolled it out and read the note,

Hey Nanami-san
Do I know you from somewhere?
You seem very familiar and I can't think of if I know you or not.
My name is Nagisa (the boy beside you)

After reading the note I looked back at the boy and he slightly waved. Then I remembered, he was one of the Iwatobi swim members. I gripped the note in my hand turning my gaze back to the note and memories of that night at Iwatobi flooded into my head...

-flash back-

Nanami: O'nii-san can we get ice-cream?

I just finished my first relay race with the others, our team came second but my brother was always proud of me.

Aoi : Sure Nanami *pats his pockets* crap I left my wallet in the locker I'll be 2 minutes Nanami say right here.

Nanami : ok o'nii-san don't take too long.

I yelled to him as he ran back inside.

As I waited a man in a long trench coat holding a kitchen knife came into view.

Man : ThE LiTtlE VoiCe iSide mY HeAd SaYs iTs oK tO kIlL yOu PrEtTy LiTtLe GiRl!

The man creepily sang while stumbling over in my direction.

Fear screamed through my body I dropped my bag and ran back inside.

Nanami : HELP!

Nobody answered as I ran through the halls with the man chasing after me.

I pushed open the door to the pool before running and slipping onto my stomach.

Nanami : ouch

The man straddled my back before plunging the knife deeply into my back and dragging the knife across my back making me scream in agony while my blood sprayed everywhere.

Nanami: please... stop

Man : *laughes insanely*

Suddenly the weight of the man was lifted off my back along with the sound of splashing.

I turned my head to see my brother along with the man submerge under the water as blood streamed from the man my brother struggled to get the heavy man off of him till he stopped moving.

Nanami: O'NII-SAN!!

I woke up in hospital a week later after having 6 operations, a scar and finding out my only family was gone

-end of flash back-

Tears dripped onto the piece of paper I was gripping onto. "Nanami are you ok?" Nagisa asked trying to see my face that was hung low. Suddenly the bell rung, I grabbed my bag and ran out of the class to lunch.

I went to the school shop and bought rice balls before walking to the roof and eagerly eating my rice balls. "Hey did you hear they're knocking down the swim club?" A voice said around the corner, 'What?' I thought, "Ya they're knocking it down next week", thoughts were running through my head as I froze, 'I guess... I'll go visit'.

~TIME SKIP~

I walked down the road holding a red rose in my hand. It was a quiet night. The old swim club came into view and I took a deep breath before walking in. As I walked through the dark creepy halls I tried my best to keep myself calm.

But as I grew closer to the entrance of the pool the sound of voices could be heard, as I peaked around the corner I saw some of the boys from my class including Nagisa and Rin from my old school we were ok with each other we would be put in groups for most of our subjects so he was the only person that close to me. Rin seemed to be in swim trousers along with a black haired boy from my class, in disgust I stepped out and they turned around, "DO YOU HAVE ANY RESPECT!" I yelled at them, "Nanami" Nagisa whispered, "YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED HERE SO TAKE YOUR CLOTHES SND GET OUT" I screamed walking past them to the spot where it all happened. I placed the rose down on the ground with tears flowing down my face, I got up and turned around to see the boys staring at me confused.

"You should think of what happened in places before you start stripping" I said stomping out of the room with tears flowing freely down my face. "Nanami-san wait" Nagisa ran after me I continued to walk till I felt two arms wrap around my waist, "why didn't you tell us you went swimming here?" Nagisa asked clutching me from behind, I stood there shocked for a moment before speaking, "How did you find out?" I asked.

We all stood in the lobby staring at a photo of me and Aoi of when I won my fist race and was holding my trophy. "I told you I knew you from somewhere Nanami-san" Nagisa said smiling while looking at me, I didn't look at him but raised my fist before punching the glass on the photo making the glass smash into a million pieces "NANAMI WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Rin, Nagisa and the green haired boy yelled in unison. I pulled my bleeding fist slightly back before pulling the photo out of the frame and staring at it. A single tear strolled down my face. "You lost him didn't you" the black haired boy said blankly I didn't answer but turned to leave, "It was nice talking to you all" I said disappearing into the darkness following my fear.
__________________________

Hey guys NEW FANFIC
More new fanfics will be arriving such as

SOUL EATER

BLUE EXORCIST

AND

TOKYO GHOUL

Thank you guys so much for ur support updates will be coming on my other stories

If you like this new fanfic or any of my others please

LIKE

COMMENT

SHARE

AND

FOLLOW

Thanks for your support

:p yolo face