"Extremely." I said and she took a seat beside me, flattening out her skirt. "I was playing basketball to kill time. I didn't have anything else to do."

"You could have texted me." She said and I laughed, telling her I forgot. "It's okay." She role me and I nodded. "Are you new around here?" She asked me. "I never seen you before."

"Yeah," I told her and she asked what school I was going to. "They haven't talked to me about school yet, I'm not sure." I said and looked at her. "What school do you go to?"

"It's nearby, like seriously five minutes away. It's called Nicholas High." She told me and I nodded. "You'll be in year 9, correct?" She asked and I nodded. "If you do end up going, I'll probably end up seeing you there a lot."

"Makenna! Get off of the floor! You are ruining that beautiful skirt I had bought you!" A woman shouted and she stood up quickly. It would be wrong for me to be sitting on the floor while she had a skirt on so I stood up aswell. I had respect.

"I'm sorry mother." Makenna said, dusting off her skirt. "Is it dirty?" She asked me and she turned around. I shook my head and she smiled. "I'm sorry, my mother is really strict."

"It's okay." I told her. "If you want to sit down with me, you could use my hoodie. It's alright with me." I told her, grabbing the zipper. "That way your mother won't get mad."

"No, it's fine. Keep your hoodie. My mother would still get mad." She told me and I nodded. I was about to ask her about her hobbies to get to know her better, but then her mum stared calling for her. "I'm sorry, I'll talk to you later?"

"Of course." I said, trying not to smile at how hopeful she sounded. She told me to text her and I nodded. "I will, promise." I said and then I heard Michael calling for me.

"I'm coming mother!"

"I'll be there in a second Michael!"

"See you later." She said and I nodded. She made her way back into her house and her mum gave me a glare.

I turned around and then ran back to the guys' house, seeing Michael looking a bit upset. "Why didn't you tell us you were going to go outside?"

"You were recording and I didn't want to disturb you guys." I said. "Besides, I didn't know how long I was going to be out here. Originally I was in the backyard but she walked to talk without a fence between us so I came out here."

"Next time tell us okay? I thought something happened to you, Calum too." He told me and I nodded. "Come on, dinner is ready. It's mashed potatoes and steak. You like steak right?"

"Yeah." I said and he nodded. I took a seat beside Calum and then looked at him. He stared back and I just waved at him, turning towards Michael as he spoke up.

"Who was that girl?" He asked me and I held a finger up. I took a drink of water and he rolled his eyes.

"I met her in Forever 21 and it's really cool that she's our neighbor." I said and he nodded. "All we did is sit on the curb, stand too, and talk about stuff."

"In speaking of talking about stuff, school young lady." Michael brought up and I hummed. "We decided to give you a choice. We could either enroll you into the public school that's about five minutes away, or you could go to the private school that's about ten minutes away."

"Is Nicholas High the public school or the private school?" I asked and he asked me how I knew the name of the school. "The girl I was talking to goes there." I told him and he nodded.

"So... would you like to go to Nicholas High? It's a public school." He told me and I nodded. "Well... Luke and Ashton can go pick up your school supplies. Michael and I going to stay home with you, is that okay?"