Threads Of Yesterday; Mirages and Realities

Okay, i know this is short but its better than nothing, yeah? Honestly i am only able to do this because of the comments i have been seeing from Sir_LY  and cheerfulzee01

Dukanku i really appreciate your reads and votes♥️sosai...but you see that comment, na im be d reaaal ginger. Duk inda ya muku sugar just tap and comment your thoughts pleaaaaaaaseeeee🙏🏻
And keep voting😁

Yours:Sweet darlin

******
Under the relentless gaze of the Saharan sun, envy snaked through the whispered corridors of Mali and neigbouring countries like a heatwave distortion—tangible but untouchable, real yet unreal. The enviers were myriad, their emerald gazes cast toward, who, by some twist of fate, had ensnared the heart of timbuktu jewel, Rabi'ah.

It was a union that upset the order of desire and expectation. Wealthy men, whose fortunes could sway markets, stood nursing bruised egos, their golden offers spurned. Princes born beneath the banners of privilege found their royal blood insufficient to warm Rabia'ah's affections. Magnates and chiefs, so used to acquiring the objects of their wants, wrung their hands with disbelief.

Even beautiful girls, who got their eyes on the ever handsome omar, felt attacked.

Omar's triumph was not written in gold or silk but in an invisible ink that the besotted Lunja read as clearly as the open sky. To the town, Omar's good looks became the scapegoat of choice, a superficial salve over the mystery of his allure. And yet, the desert knew the secret lay deeper than the sands.

Indeed, Omar was as much carved by the divine as by the harshness of the desert climes. His complexion, a rich shade of the fertile earth; his eyes, reflective as molten gold,his form sculpted perfectly by the creator of All—every detail bespoke a beauty that was both a blessing and a curse. He was the embodiment of handsomeness, but to reduce the reasons for his betrothal to mere aesthetics was to ignore the wealth of his spirit.

As was tradition, the days following the wedding saw a parade of visitors through Rabia'ah's new home. Women, under the guise of goodwill and curiosity, flocked to the courtyard where the bride held court. Each visit was a veiled reconnaissance mission—a search for clues within the folds of Rabia'ah's wedded life.

They scrutinized every aspect, from the lavishness of the decor to the subtleties of her demeanor. They expected to find the newlywed bride forlorn amidst her material downgrade, to sniff out hints of regret in the choice of simplicity over luxury. Instead, they were with the serenity of satisfaction—a grace that spoke of desires fulfilled without the aid of dowry or title.

Rabia'ah, elegant and gracious, entertained the gossamer concerns and false commiserations with a knowing smile. She knew their eyes sought disappointment, their tongues tasted for scandal, yet she nour them with sweet teas and sweeter realities—that her happiness did not reside in possessions but in the man whose laughter was her music and whose intellect was her constellation.

In time, the ripples of discourse across most Mali's,began to ebb, the novelty of envy ceding way to the inevitable acceptance of the union. The whispers faded, the sneers calmed, and life in the town returned to the customary flow, yet the tale of Omar and Rabia'ah remained—an indelible inkblot on the pages of local legend, a testament to the truth that sometimes, love does conquer all.

*****

Abun shine Rabiah(lunja) and Omars story is draining, infact its kindof the hardest part of the book for me...nikaina relationship dinsu rikitani yakei and wllhy i am tired of speaking english cox i realize its easier for me to imagine their story in hausa than english. But i will try so don't stop commenting and voting and reading and recommending to freinds and family

And you are free to qoute any part of the book like the image on this page and share on your social media platform.