Mending the Awkwardness

13/12/2014
She recalls how he went to their home following subh,it was so weird his adda thought something horrible occurred at home.

Adda's displeasure was evident as she observed Mahmood confidently making his way towards Maimuna's room. Over time, she had noticed the deep bond between them and understood that they had grown beyond the boundaries of childhood friendship. Now, as young adults, Adda felt it was necessary to address the unspoken dynamics that seemed to exist between Mahmood and Maimuna.

As he entered Maimuna's room, He noticed she was sitting on a beautiful white sallaya, the one she had coerced him into buying for her. A memory flashed through his mind - the day she had slyly taken money from his pocket on a Friday, only to then ask him to use the same cash to get her a white sallaya.  At the time, he had discovered her trickery, but instead of getting upset, he could only smile at her audacity.

She didn't notice him,so he said the salam, gentle enough not to startle her,but the look on her face confused him more. He wasn't sure what she felt at that moment,does she recognize him as the thief in the farm house? Is she angry at him? For the maimoo he knows would have bounced on him, she will in any case screech and hop like a kid. But she just gazed at him like he was a type of animation from a movie.

Maimuna's gaze lingered on him, her expression filled with a mixture of surprise and confusion. It was as if she was trying to place him, to determine if he was the one involved in the incident at the farm house.

It took him a great deal of fortitude to murmur her name,loud enough for her to hear, but lacking so much confidence, but Maimuna's voice broke the silence. "Was that truly you?" she questioned, her voice filled with a mix of wonder and certainty. "You look taller, Hamma. And your voice sounds thicker. Yes, it was you." No doubt

After regaining her consiousness yesterday, a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions took hold of her. It took her a moment to fully comprehend that the person who stood before her was indeed Mahmood,her very own Hamma. The changes in his appearance, the growth in height, the longer hair, the beards, and the deepening of his voice left her astounded. How long had he been gone?

But among the multitude of thoughts swirling in her mind, one particular memory stood out above the rest - the kiss.
Although she has been looking foward to her first kiss,since all her classmates talk about it and sometimes she sees them kissing,she remained forever ustaziya maimunatu.

Maimuna had never imagined that her first kiss would happen like that, in the midst of a chaotic situation with a thief. And to make matters more complicated, it was with Mahmood, someone she had always seen as a brother,an ustaz. Now she was unsure how to look at him.

Meanwhile, Mahmood felt a lump form in his throat as he observed Maimuna's changed expression. He had hoped that she had blacked out before the kiss, but her reaction made it clear that she was fully aware of what had transpired. His confidence wavered, and his legs felt weak beneath him. Silence hung heavy between them, each grappling with their own uncertainties and shifting dynamics.

He remained there like a moron,while she asked him concerning his trip,it was damn off-kilter between them,that wasn't how he wanted to be welcomed, but he felt a surge of relief and confusion when she said nothing about the event.

He had anticipated the worst, fearing Maimuna's tendency to speak her mind without filters. The silence that filled the air only added to his stress, leaving him more anxious about the consequences if their actions were exposed to her mother or adda.

As Maimuna looked away, Mahmood noticed the maturity that had blossomed within her. She had grown into a young woman, as evidenced by her ability to hold her tongue in that moment. She no longer displayed the same carefree innocence he had reminisced about during his absence. She had turned fifteen, and he had missed her birthday, which added to his desire to meet her and present the gifts he had brought.

Mahmood admitted to himself that he couldn't expect her to be the same little Maimoo he had known. Her attitude might reflect the transition into young adulthood, and it was time for him to respect himself and adapt accordingly.

It was 6:30am already,his adda had to pursue him back home,claiming he came to eat masa,and is just using maimoo's wellbeing as an excuse plus his grandmother was starting to search for him at home so he needed to leave.

Adda decided it was time to have a conversation with both of them, urging them to respect the boundaries that had changed as they matured. It was not just about physical but also emotional ones. She understood that their connection was unique, but it was important to establish clear guidelines to preserve their friendship and prevent any misunderstandings.

He left disappointed because Maimuna was acting all coy and shy,not as he expected. And then Adda had to make it all worst with her sermons.

And for Maimuna, she kept replaying the kiss incidence in her head all through his stay, angry at herself for beign such a freak. She could've made it better if she didnt freak out,now she had nothing to say to her freinds when it comes to kiss and even Mahmood will think she is still a kid
*********

Phew.....this is me trying to update by force by fire. Happy reading