Chapter nine

All the way to older Tiffs place i felt like my heart would beat out my chest. I felt sick, confused and anxious. What did I do. Why did I do that. Mac Coyle isn't gay, she hates gay people and I'm... well me.

We arrived at her place as I instantly started pacing. "You ok?" Younger Tiff said to me.
"I'm fine" I said back storming up to the roof. I looked out at the houses and thought.

I wasn't cool like Mac, she's seen my mom I'm weird and different from her and practically everyone. I felt a tear fall down my cheek and before I could help myself I started crying.

When I actually thought about it. I liked Mac so much. So much it hurt to think about her and how everything reminds me of her. I just want to be around her all the time and liking her this much hurt. It really really hurt.

"Yo" someone said from behind me as I spun round caught of guard to see Mac. "Are you ok? Tiff said you were acting weird" I sighed looking out at the view.

"I'm alright" Mac nodded before slowly walking over to me awkwardly. "I'm sorry about what happened it was stupid" she said shortly.
"I like being friend so don't want what I did leaning in and all to change that" I was surprised that Mac was being so mature and open.

"I-it's fine" I said awkwardly looking out at the rooftops of houses. "Your mom, she does that
Shit all the time I'm guessing?" Mac asked me awkardly again.

"Yep, this has actually been a nice break from her" I joked but Mac didn't smile.
"It's not fair that parents can be like that, they don't deserve children" I nod slowly agreeing.

"Everyone deserves someone who loves them" Mac looks at me her eyes looking slightly watery.

"Mac? What's wrong?" I ask her softly as she looks straight ahead. "You wanna know what happens to me in the future?" I nod slowly, confused.

"I die" She says shortly as I just stare trying to work out if she's joking, but the look in her eyes assures me she's not.

"What?" I whisper out as she nods slowly looking out at the rooftops. "Cancer" she said shortly as I feel my breath stop.

But this wasn't about me, this was about Mac. And if you told me on the 30th of October thst I'd be feeling this way about Mac Coyle i wouldn't have believed it.

But standing here now looking at the girl that made me hurt and my heart ache I pulled her into a hug as we stood in silence comforting each other.

She couldn't die, I wouldn't let it. I wasn't going to let her die.