Chapter 003: The Enemies of Mankind - Part 2

Back to a less brutal and stressful scene:
Malina, Zayn and Ace sit together peacefully, talking about current situations the Alliance has to face, their lives and other interesting topics for young people to discuss. They talked for a long time while drinking red wine, Malina already got drunk after a few sips. She now rests on the table, letting the two older people talk on their own while her cheeks flush red as she talks nonsense no one seems to listen to anyway. Then Zayn looks over to Ace, a calm yet silent hostility is behind his closed eyes. A good thing his eyes are always closed though otherwise Ace would notice it right away. The flirty Major tends to lure his opponents in a trap with his charm, but in reality he has no real interest in any of the people he flirts with. And since they say "eyes don't lie" it would be the best for him to keep them shut. His gloved hands run on the surface of the big dining table they sit at. A rather cozy atmosphere is here despite the tension. Zayn looks over to the roses in a golden vase, the red of those blossoms glow next to the bright windows, however the wilt rose petals fall slowly on the cold ground, separated by the ones which are still healthy as if it would show their superiority to the weak and rotten.

Zayn: "Say, Ace... Is there anything new going on? I am sure General Iljin has not decided to play Poker just because he has felt bored, hasn't he?"
It is impossible to read Ace's expression for the simple reason that he does not even have one. He wears a mask, unable to take it off since it is part of his skin and part of his face. The left side being a happy one, the right a sad one. Zayn opens his eyes and stares at the dark holes of the mask where Ace's eyes should be located. He tries to spot any sign of flesh beneath the mask, any sight of skin yet he does not see anything but black as if a void is behind this dramatic mask. Ace chuckles lightly, the eyes and mouthes on his hat start to talk and focus on Zayn. It is quite an bothersome sound to hear, Ace's voice is not considered to be only one but he has many voices at once: a mix of a high-pitched, dark-pitched, feminine and masculine voice. Even if his appearance might lead to him being a man, it does not necessarily mean he is one. In fact Ace is one of the most mysterious members of the Humanoid Alliance, and an essential part of the Guild of Prosperity, an organization which belongs to the Humanoid Alliance. The Guild focuses on economics the most fitting to him being the right hand of it's new leader. Ace sighs, his gloved fingers play with his wine glass he did not even take a sip from.

Ace: "You should know how General Iljin is by now. Every step he has made has a further motive. That is why he is considered "The Devil" after all, correct?"
Zayn sighs and fixes his glasses. His eyes focus back on the rotten rose petals, then he starts to smile slightly.

Zayn: "Right? What a terrifying man! How could anyone not fall deeply in love with him?!"
The eyes on Ace's hat only blink as Zayn sighs dramatically, putting his hands together as if he would pray while his dark eyes sparkle in admiration.
Zayn: "He is such a beautiful and terrifying man! A shame he is deeply obsessed with his ex-lover. Seriously he even has two kids... But I do not mind making out with a dilf who looks like he is in his mid-twenties!"

Malina: "SHUT UP!"
Malina throws one of her plushies into Zayn face for him to shut up. He is normally such a cool man but the moment he starts talking about one of his many love interests, he turns into an annoying fan girl! Malina now lays back on the desk and keeps mumbling to herself. The Magician only sighs as he looks at Zayn who has now calmed down after Cuddly, Malina's bunny plushy she threw at him, kept biting his face softly.

Ace: "I would not recommend talking like this about General Iljin, Major Zayn. He is known for having his eyes and ears everywhere."
Zayn: "I am sure he is aware that I wasn't serious~ Not that he would care anyway, he only cares about his lost love~ A hopeless romantic he is!"

Malina: "He is so hopeless, really... At least he is loyal, even if he is so dumb!"
Ace shakes his head for Malina to not say such thing. She clearly has no filter which could even result in her death.
Zayn: "Careful, doll~"
Malina: "Oh so when I say something bad it is horrible but Zayn can say the most dirty things about General Iljin?!"
Then Malina pouts and lays back on the table since she is drunk, sulking about how she gets treated like a child while Zayn chuckles. However Ace's true feelings stay hidden even when he seems to giggle.