FIVE

quick (a/n)this is rlly not part of the plot of the actual show but it kinda is if that makes sense

quick (a/n)
this is rlly not part of the plot of the actual show but it kinda is if that makes sense.. you'll see what i mean. basically the paige thing never happened HOWEVER cole and alex still fight ok let's carry on xx

the school bonfire was something you loved. every year, you and alex would go together, all wrapped up in hats and scarfs, it was like an unspoken tradition. it was one of your favourite events. this year was like no different, but of course. alex wasn't just yours anymore. he was jackies. so she was coming along with you.

you knocked on the walter door, wrapped up in the scarf that katherine once knitted for you when she was going through a knitting phase. alex opens it and smiles, jackie is by his side grasping his hand. the sight makes you frown a little, but you still smile at the two.

"you guys ready?" you ask.

"born ready." alex replys. you chuckle, and jackie also smiles.

the three of you start walking. the air was crisp. the atmosphere felt different to usual, it was tense, awkward, and far from the usual excitement.

you keep your gaze fixed on the path ahead, trying to mask your discomfort amidst the silence that hung between the three of you. the usual banter and shared excitement that was usually there when you went to the bonfire were noticeably absent.

jackie attempted to break the silence, her tone strained as she tried to engage in conversation. "so, this bonfire is a big deal at your school, right?"

"yeah, it's always a fun night," alex replied, his voice lacking the usual enthusiasm, but pulling jackie a little closer.

you frown but force a smile, you attempt to continue the conversation. "yeah, we've been going for ever! it's a tradition."

"yeah i mean (y/n) even had her first kiss here!" alex trys to joke.

"so did you alex be quiet!" you laugh. jackie's eyes look between the pair of you, as if trying to work something to out. seeing this, you fall silent again.

the weight of unspoken tension lingered in the air, each step towards the bonfire feeling more uncomfortable than the last. you felt like an outsider, a mere spectator in an evening that had once been a cherished tradition shared between yourself and alex.

as you neared the bonfire's glow, your heart sank, a wave of nostalgia washing over you. you missed the ease and familiarity of yours and alexs shared moments, sure jackie was really nice but.. this was your tradition. not hers. you hated being selfish like that but you couldn't help it.

as you arrive, the three of you grab beers and stand in a trio, shivering.

alex turns to you. "hey (y/n), i just need to talk to jackie a minute alone if that's ok? i'll see you later."

you frown. "ok see you."

he waves to you as him and jackie go to a secluded area.

you watch them from a distance, their silhouettes illuminated by the dancing flames, it looked like they were engaging in an intimate conversation.