THREE

RING RING RING

RING RING RING. your phone rung. you were sat playing your new video game at home, alone, after a certain someone abandoned you. it was 10, who on earth would be calling you at this time? it wasn't too late, but surely most people have the decency to not.. right? you look at your phone and turn to see the call is from alex.

seeing this, you immediately answer, "hello, alex.. everything ok?", you smile softly.

"(y/n) you need to come over right now. this is a big emergency." he responds, quickly.

you sigh, "it's late.... and i'm in my pyjamas"

"please (y/n)," alex pleads.

"fine..." you respond.

you leave your house, walk down the road and knock on the door of the walters house

as you stood on the doorstep, your heart raced. to your surprise, cole swung open the door, a casual grin played across his face, his eyes glinting with a mischievous sparkle that you knew all too well.

"hey, (y/n), what brings you here at this time.. in your uh.. pyjamas?" cole's voice was smooth, almost too knowing, as he looked you up and down.

"just came to check on alex," you replied, trying to keep your tone nonchalant.

"oh, sure, sure," cole drawled, leaning casually against the doorframe. "but you know, it's not just any emergency that brings friends knocking at this hour."

you fought to hide your discomfort, but cole's intuition was uncanny. "yeah, well, alex sounded really urgent on the phone. i thought i'd better come over."

"right, right," cole said with a smirk. "but you do know that my brother has this magical ability to make any situation seem urgent when it involves you, don't you?"

you felt your cheeks flush. you'd hoped your feelings for alex were better hidden, but cole had always somehow knew. "it's not like that," you protested weakly, attempting to evade the topic.

coke chuckled knowingly. "sure, (y/n), whatever you say. just remember, secrets have a way of coming to light, especially in this house."

with that cryptic statement, he stepped aside, gesturing for you to enter. as you walked past him, you couldn't help but wonder how much he knew about everything that was going on.

you walked up the stairs to alex's room. you knock and enter. alex is sat on his bed, with a look of contemplation on his face.

"hey (y/n), nice pjs" he looks at your attire, and teases.

"thanks! so what's this emergency alex.. you seemed pretty desperate on the phone?" you ask taking a seat next to him on the bed

"ok right don't freak out.." he says to you

"pinky promise i won't" you gesture your pinkie out for him to take, which he does smiling.

"right jackie she..." alex starts..