ONE

laughter could be heard echoing through the halls of the walter house as you found yourself surrounded by the bustling family

laughter could be heard echoing through the halls of the walter house as you found yourself surrounded by the bustling family. you sat cross-legged on the living room floor, fingers deftly navigating the game controller in your hands. the familiar sounds of a virtual battlefield filled the room, punctuated by isaac's triumphant cheers each time he scored a victory.

isaac, leaned forward, his eyes glued to the screen. "ha! take that, (y/n)! i'm an absolute beast at this game!"

rolling your eyes playfully, you grinned. "we'll see about that, isaac. don't get too cocky."

the door of the living room then creaked open, and danny, alex's older brother, sauntered in which drew your attention. his smile greeted the three of you.

"hey, guys. who's winning?" danny asked, his voice smooth and relaxed.

"isaac's winning, as always," you replied, nudging isaac, who puffed his chest proudly.

"of course I am. it's all about skill and finesse, something (y/n) and alex CLEARLY lack." isaac boasted, a mischievous glint in his eye.

meanwhile, downstairs, the walter parents, katherine and george, bustled around the kitchen, preparing for the arrival of jackie howard, a girl whose life was about to change. they spoke in hushed tones, making final adjustments to ensure jackie would feel welcomed into their home.

"is everything ready, george?" katherine asked, her voice tinged with concern.

"yes, everything's set. we just need to collect her now." george reassured her.

back in the living room, the game was still going on. alex walter, however, was taking the opportunity to steal occasional glances at you. he couldn't shake the butterflies that fluttered in his stomach whenever you were around. you were his best friend.. but he couldn't deny the fact that he would blush if you got a little too close to him, the fact he got a little jealous of the friendship you had with isaac sometimes.

meanwhile, you, like him, were stealing glances at alex. you loved your friendship, but a secret longing lingered in your heart, a desire you dared not confess, afraid it might shatter the years of friendship you two had.

the clock ticked steadily, marking the passage of time as you and alex engaged in the game, isaac's playful taunts filling the air. danny observed the subtle glances you and alex kept giving each other with a knowing smile.

suddenly, katherine walter entered the living room, "boys, (y/n). we are going to collect jackie right now uh make sure to be ready for when we arrive".

you all nod, not looking up from the video game. katherine sighs, as she and george leave to collect jackie.

isaac turns to the two, "so, have you guys heard anything else about this jackie girl?"

alex shakes his head, "not really. mom and dad just said she's been through a lot and needs a place to stay. they're trying to make her feel at home."

you smile "yeah, i hope she likes it here. it must be tough, losing your whole family."