Chapter 2

Quite a few years ago, a man named Samuel King created a series of robots named Kingbots. They were designed to help people: do housework, look after the elderly and children. King sold almost a million robots in two months! Soon, everyone had a Kingbot, even my family.

Then the Queen ordered one, an advanced one that could possibly run the country when she was away. Samuel King tried really hard on the special Kingbot; after a few months, he succeeded. He named it the King Kingbot, to serve Queen Charlotte and look after the country. Everything was running smoothly and the Kingbots were doing what they were meant to be doing - but the peace didn't last.

One night, around our neighbourhood, we heard some screaming: the Kingbots had started to attack people. My family ran out of our house, away from our Kingbot and escaped in the car.

We heard the next day that our houses had burnt down and the Kingbots were running wild in the streets, attacking people. We had to move to a care home, we had a TV, three beds and a bathroom so we were alright. We were updated every evening from the news: we were told that Kingbots had turned on us and we were their enemy, there was a war, led by the king Kingbot.

The next day, there was a knock on the door- two men wearing army uniform were standing at the doorstep. They asked to see every boy from the age of thirteen to eighteen: I was fourteen. They took me away. Me and three other boys in the same care home.

Everything was explained: we were to be trained to fight the Kingbots and win the war. I wasn't strong, I couldn't fight. We were taken away to a desert, somewhere in America, and that's where I am now, training to fight.