chapter 6

We made it to my school in different cars. That has always been in my family- to show up in different cars one after the other. I call it show off but they say they just don't like riding with someone except my mom. She asked me to ride with her but I refused without even looking at her. I'm still mad at all of them.

I came out of my BMW to the shock of every one present there. We're they shocked I came out of a BMW? Wait until they see my dad's Volkswagen, my brothers, Bugatti and my mom's Mercedes, will they go crazy ? And I was not wrong  . When they saw my family and their cars. They exclaimed as if they hadn't seen it before which caused a lot of people to look at me. Which I hate a lot

This was why I didn't like going out with my family. They always call attention to them which I don't like one bit.

Some people looked at me with envy, some disgust, some were in awe, some were genuinely happy for me while some just clapped for me.

Then my eyes met a set of sad ones. They looked so sad and heartbroken. I moved closer to him because he was my best friend. When he noticed I was walking over to him and faked a smile. " Hey Abdul" I said with a smile. " Hi Zara". He was really bad at faking a smile that I couldn't help but smile. I needed to tell him that I am getting married soon to a man that is around here somewhere.

Where in the universe is he? I looked around for him until I saw him beside Zayn looking directly at me. When our eyes met he looked at Abdul then me then continued his talk with Zayn, looking away from me. Why did that feel weird? Why was he looking at Abdul like that?

" Zara??... What's wrong? Do you feel uncomfortable? Are you okay ?" Abdul asked with worry plastered on his face.

" I'm okay Abdul why would you ask that" I asked confused.

"Because you are making this weird face as if you were feeling uncomfortable" now he was the one with the confused look. We brushed it off and we talked as if nothing happened last night but I really need to tell him about the marriage. I know he is not going to be happy about it but there is nothing I can do about it. But it's killing me and I need to tell someone and unfortunately I don't have a female friends.

" Abdullah, I need to tell you some..." Before I could finish my sentence. We wee called to sit at our table. Then I decided to tell him later. " W_What do you want to tell me" he was scared to ask. " We will talk later let's first get this thing  over with" he nodded with a sigh.

In no time the graduation started and the valedictorian was called which was obviously me. The crowd clapped for me including my family and Hamza.

It was time for me to say my valedictorian speech which I had prepared since I was enrolled highschool. The speech was great and everyone enjoyed it except my class mates obviously. Which I didn't care about. Firdaus was throwing death glares at me and I replied with a smile.

I wanted to go home because I was not a fan of parties. I moved closer to Abdul and I told him I was going home. He asked me to stay but I told him I was tired and he said ok.

I walked over to where Zayn and Hamza were sitting and I found firdaus there looking at Hamza with those eyes she looked at Abdul with for years. How fast did she change interest. Anyways i didn't like that she was looking at him that much so stood in front of her view , obstructing it.

" Zayn I'm going home I already called my driver to pick me up" knowing that my brother doesn't like me staying at home alone. I wanted him to leave there with Hamza because they were drawing attention. Which I don't like and I'm sure Hamza doesn't like it to.

" Zara you can't stay at home alone, mom is going to see her friend in labour for the weekend so she rushed out, she told me she had texted you. And Dad has a business meeting he will be back tomorrow". He stood up while saying that. Same as Hamza and I immediately realized how short I was.