CHAPTER 1

hey guys!!!! this is the first story i have ever written on wattpad 

i hope you enjoy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ZARAs POV

This minefield that I walk through

Ohh what I risk to be close to you

Ohh this minefield keeping me from you

Ohh what I risk to be close to you

Close to youuuu.....

"Hey! Zara wassup na." Abdul said pulling the earpiece from my ear putting it in his own dirty ear. Abdul is like the roughest guy I know but he is kind and he Is my best friend. "ABDUL! Give me back my ear piece!" I shouted at him but he just laughed and said "ohh I like this song its by fauzia right?" I rolled my eyes and punched his stomach. He screamed earning the attention of all the students in the class reminding me that im in the class. Some rolled their eyes while some hissed and eye me.

Most of the students hate me probably because im like the best student in ss3 class and the girls hate me especially Firdaus hate me because Abdul is like the hottest guy in school and he is my best friend and I don't get how he is attractive to other girls but they just dont get it.

Firdaus is obsessed with Abdul and he doesn't even give a shit about her because she doesn't deserve it.

Funniest thing is that firdaus and I were the best of friends in junior secondary school but now we were like enemies but I don't really care about her I don't even hate her but she does hate me.

"ok everyone settle down. As we all know tomorrow is our valedictory service" said the class captain. Everyone clapped and some shouted for no reason.

I was the valedictorian but they voted for someone else to prepare a speech and speak tomorrow which I don't care about.

The class threw a party in the class which was forbidden in the school and I never liked attending parties so I didn't take part in the party which caused every one to rain abuses on me but I pretented as if I didn't care but it hurt.

It hurts everytime they abuse and accuse me of doing something just because I don't talk. Abdul has always been my shield and he protects me everytime. That's why he became my bestfriend in the first place. People don't understand me lke abdul. People say I behave indiffernt to everything but abdul doesn't see me that way although I know im always indifferent but I just don't know how to express my feelings. Only express it when abdul is around.

I was walking home instead of taking the car my father sent to me. " why are you walking home your driver is looking for you" abdul said running after me. "why arent you at the party" I asked. "common dont be like that how am supposed to enjoy the party when you are not there"he said and I kept quiet.

"now tell me why are you walking home zara if your brother finds out im letting you walk home alone he is going to kill me" I just want to be alone.any time im in a bad mood I always feel like being alone. I know im about to get myself in trouble with my dad and zayn but I just don't care at this moment.

" I just want to be alone Abdul and my house is just 10 minutes from here I dont need a car or a driver. Just go home abdul" I tear fell from my eyes. I hate crying nd feeling vulnerable. I ran home as fast as I can while Abdul called my name again and again then started running after me until I lost him.

When I got home I shouted "mommy asalamualaykum" my mum replied "walaykumsalam. Zara to bati shower tan kowa bami lo ata yii" my mom,a typical yoruba woman said and I replied with a "hmm" (if you are done freshening up come help me blend the pepper)