i. shattered clocks

It didn't matter that it was Gojo's fault the building had gotten destroyed, all three of us would get in trouble. 

Satoru Gojo, Suguru Geto, and I sat in the classroom waiting for Yaga to walk through the door and discipline us. It wasn't the first mission that had gone wrong thanks to Gojo and certainly wouldn't be the last. Though this time, I suppose it was a bit of Geto's fault as well. When the three of us had been assigned to take down a semi-grade one in a karate studio it was supposed to be no big deal, after all, we were strong. And it hadn't been until Gojo stopped fighting right when he was about to kill the curse. Geto told Gojo before the mission he wanted to absorb it, though he didn't think to mention it to me. So me and Gojo kept it busy while waiting for Geto to finish helping the civilians out of the building. By the time he did arrive enough damage had been done to the building during the fight we barely had time to exorcise it and run out the doors before the building came crashing down. 

I tapped my nails on the desk, my face in my palm. I stole a glance at Gojo who looked completely relaxed. 

"I'm glad you seem unconcerned, Gojo." He turned to me with a smirk, as if he had been waiting for me to notice his laxness and comment on it. Knowing Gojo, that probably had been his plan. "Relax, Yuri-chan, what's the worst Yaga will do? We exorcised the thing!" I shook my head, trying to not let the nickname Gojo insisted on using get to me. "He's gonna be pissed because the whole reason I went on this mission was to keep you two," I sent a look over to my right where Geto sat, "in check!" 

I slouched in my chair, ignoring the pain in my shoulder from an attack the curse had landed on me. I would ice it after I dealt with the scolding from Yaga. 

He sent you because you're strong, my dear. The annoying voice spoke in the back of my head. I cringed at his words, a year later and I still wasn't used to the curse speaking in my head. 

"Uh-oh, someone's boyfriend must be calling her!" Gojo cooed across me to Geto. Husband. Remind that arrogant child I am your husband and that he'd be wise to watch his mouth. 

There had been a time I wanted to throw up when the curse mentioned our status only he seemed to deem real, now I only cringed before continuing on. "What's he saying? 'Oh, my dear! I hate to see you so worked up! Summon me so I can rub your feet and calm you or-'" 

Wind started to swirl directly behind me. "How about I summon him and you find out exactly what he has to say." I bit out and could feel the curse's pleasure rush through me at the idea. It had taken a while to learn to separate his feelings from my own but now it was as easy as telling water from oil if you tried to mix the two. His feelings came to me like water slipping through your fingers, unable to fully hold on to before it slipped away and always had an unfamiliarity to them. Though his words always came clearly.

"You didn't summon him during the mission. Too scared he wouldn't go back?" It had happened before, the curse refusing to go back, begging me for just one more minute together. And behind his pleas, I could hear Gojo's howling laughter. I thought of the black eye I had given him during training the next day and smiled.  

"I'll be sure to let him know you missed him so very dearly." I turned to Geto, who had been quiet this whole time. Some of my rage fizzled out as I saw the calm, collectedness of him. I was glad he had decided to take a backseat to our spat instead of fanning the flames like he loved to do. "Next time you want to absorb a curse, let me in on the plan too, please"  

He nodded and smiled at me. "Of course, Yuri-chan." That stupid nickname. I guess he can only hold the oil from the fire for so long. I rolled my eyes. "Next time I won't do anything when you two forget the barrier after promising you'd take care of it." Yaga would scold me a bit if I truly did not cover their loose ends and put up a barrier but they'd get it worse and that would be good enough for me.