Delusion

Dasom walked back to the university's cafe. Well, she kind of ran back.

Although Sihoo always complains about her part time job there, everyone can instantly notice how her smile is sincere while taking orders or bringing them to the customers. Dasom's favourite hobby is probably sitting at a table near the cashier counter and just admiring her friend for hours. Hana would often discreetly scoot next to Dasom and tease her about it. Hana knew very well that her friend fell very hard for Sihoo, but of course, she wouldn't out her to anyone.

Dasom entered the cafe and went to order a bubble tea. There was less queue than before, since most students went to their classes already.

Sihoo looked up at her approaching friend. "Hello miss, what would you like to order? I've never seen you around here. Are you a new student?" The black haired woman joked. "A bubble tea please, miss, and yes I'm new," Dasom played along.

As Sihoo smiled and started to make the bubble tea, the guy behind Dasom in the queue suddenly put his hand on her shoulder. "Want me to show you around?" He asked with a flirty smirk. The brunette froze and hesitated. "Uh, no thanks. I'm okay," she mumbled politely as she turned back around. "No, please, let me show you around," the man insisted, getting a little annoyed and also embarrassed she refused, since all of his friends were watching right beside them. The man was tall and in good shape, and had half of his hair slicked back and the other half forming bangs practically covering one of his eyes.

"She said no, you idiot."
Dasom looked up to see Sihoo back at the counter with the bubble tea. "Get lost," she added as she handed the drink to her friend as she nervously paid.

The tall guy sighed loudly and turned around. "Crap customer service. I thought Yoon Sihoo was the best waitress out there, but she's actually a bitch~" he giggled sarcastically and left with his gang.

"Who was that?..." Dasom asked.
Sihoo sighed. "Economics majors, they scare me to be honest. They often hang out here to flirt with girls. They even tried with me at first."

"You should stay away from them, I don't think these guys are your type anyway," she added. Dasom nodded and went to sit at a free table. "Guys in general aren't my type," she mumbled to herself.

-

Mun and Hana strolled through the various paths of the campus. The woman walked faster to catch up to her teammate. "What are you, a kid, skipping around like that," Hana scoffed, still embarrassed that the first photo on the camera roll is a picture of her.

Mun giggled and then let out a small gasp, as he pointed at something up front. "Bubbles!"

Indeed, Hana turned around to see a kid from afar, blowing bubbles on the other side of the fence. Mun ran towards the shiny transparent spheres that started floating. "Such a kid," Hana sighed as she shook her head. She went to join Mun.

As Hana approached, she remembered one of the themes of the activity was 'bubble'. She grabbed the camera from Mun and turned it on. She approached the little girl. "Hey, can I take a picture of you? We're doing a competition here in our university and we need to take the best pictures," she spoke with a soft tone and a smile.
The little girl nodded in consent. "Of course, Miss!"

Hana snapped a picture and checked. It was perfect. She proudly showed it to Mun who was already over her shoulder.

Just before the two left to continue the activity, the little girl waved to Hana. "Goodbye miss! I hope you and your boyfriend win the competition!"

Hana waved back, a little out of words, while Mun slightly bowed. "My girlfriend is the best photographer out there, and you're the best model," he winked at Hana as they walked away.

As soon as they were out of earshot of that girl, Hana scoffed. "Girlfriend?"

"Oh come on, we couldn't confuse her, we'll never see her again!" Mun nudged Hana's arm.

"What game is he playing?" Hana thought. "He's been treating me as if we were friends since childhood. We've only just met today!"
Hana sighed to get herself back together. "It'll be over soon. As you said, as soon as this ends, you'll make sure to never talk to him again. He's not rich nor tolerable in general, and he might make people think he's your boyfriend, therefore block the entrance for other possible husbands."

-

Around an hour and a half later, Mun and Hana took the last picture for the competition. The young woman checked the list for a last time. Mun started deleting the failed pictures in the meantime.

Hana noticed one theme they didn't do.
"Hey donut stealer," Hana called. "What about 'déjà vu'?"

Mun smiled.

"I know the rules say that the pictures need to be taken and selected with a mutual agreement, but," Mun paused his sentence as he searched through the pictures, scrolling to the very bottom, "this very first picture that I took of you, I wanted to use it as our choice for 'déjà vu'."

"... Why?" The woman frowned, confused.

"Because your face is familiar. Your face is really, really familiar to me and I don't know why myself."

Mun went ahead of Hana, avoiding a possible interrogation about what he just said.

"Yours is too."

Mun stopped. Out of all the answers he'd expected, even silence was more predictable than that answer. He turned around, staying quite far from her just in case the conversation gets embarrassing.

The two didn't notice the sun suddenly starting to shine brighter, although it wasn't covered by any clouds before.

Mun didn't even say 'what' or 'sorry' just in case he heard that wrong. He was sure his delusions weren't that bad. Did he just find his true love? Or even better, his soulmate?

"And that's why you should stay away from me," Hana added, changing the atmosphere back to normal.

"I actually was delusional," Mun mumbled as he turned around for good. "I'll give the camera back to Mr Myung, see you tomorrow."

Hana stood still for a while before subconsciously tailing Mun to the classroom. "Avoiding him won't be easy, especially because he's so friendly and...

Familiar."