~~ D I N N E R ~~

It was the next day and the sun had already set in Las Vegas, as it was about 7:39 PM.

You, Max and Marilyn were already at the restaurant for your fathers birthday, and you bought him a watch, as it was kind of a last minute birthday present.

Max had the idea, another thing he blamed on wanting to make the perfect first impression on your parents.

The outfit max had chose for you wasn't bad, as it was blue, which was what he was going for.

He had his tuxedo on, and Marilyn had the lilac coloured outfit. (Also your choice)

Max drove you guys there, which was expected since he quite literally drove cars and made at least six figures out of it too.

You stepped out, Max already holding Marilyn as he had grabbed her a little earlier before you exited the car.

"The whole point of this is you looking good in front of my parents, so try not to mess this up too bad, yeah?" You told him, patting the side of his arm.

"Gramma!" Marilyn said, pointing to the car in the parking lot that was owned by your parents.

Marilyn remembered, which wasn't something you were too surprised about, as she remembered the most irrelevant things known to man.

"I'm gonna make a great impression! How hard can it be, Y/n?" Max said, adjusting Marilyn in his arms.

"Hard. Trust me." You told him, but turned around and waved him to follow.

And follow he did.

Once you opened the door to the restaurant you couldn't care about to remember the name, you already spotted your parents who already had drinks.

Extra seat too, which was something they always did since Marilyn didn't really enjoy using high chairs, so she either sat on your lap or simply was being carried the whole time.

"Y/n!" Milo said, making the rest of your family look over at you.

"Oh, you look absolutely gorgeous! You might just impress someone like that." Your mother said, and you completely ignored the comment and simply stepped closer.

Max followed close behind with Marilyn in her arms.

"Happy birthday, dad." You said, your dad getting up to hug you as you hugged him back.

You handed him the box that had the watch in it, it didn't have the best wrapping, but it was perfectly fine in your eyes.

Your dad also hated opening any sort of wrapping, as it wasted time in his eyes.

"And who is this lovely man?" Your aunt asked, lifting an eyebrow as she gestured to max who was still holding Marilyn.

Milo, Amelia and your uncle seem to recognize who he was, and they had to blink a couple times to register that into their heads.

Of course, they were the ones who watched F1 every race weekend, compared to your father, auntie and uncle.

"Finally got yourself a boyfriend? I've been waiting quite a while." Your mother said, and you almost face palmed, but you held it back and kept focused.

Max took your jacket off to swing it over the extra chair, before setting Marilyn down with you to go over to your parents.

"Max. Verstappen." Max said, nodding to your dad and shaking his hand while giving your mother a hug.

So far so good.

"Like- the Dutch racing driver? Or a different Max Verstappen?" Amelia asked, and she had already picked up Marilyn to hug her a little.

Your mother looked over at you and nodded proudly, smiling widely as max nodded to Amelia to confirm the statement.

"And this happened when?" Milo asked, blinking at you as if it were impossible for it to happen.

"Mas!" Marilyn said, clapping a little bit as she made grabby hands towards max.

Max took her off of Amelia, sitting her down in his lap once he took the extra chair that was there.

You already knew that there was no need for a high chair at the moment.

"It's a long story. But it happened when we went to the Las Vegas race for mom's birthday. Exchanged numbers, he came over and we're here now." You stated, nodding a little bit as if it were normal.

You leaned back, crossing your arms as Max leaned forward a little bit, and you could tell he was attempting to be as likeable as he could possibly be at the moment.

"Wow! I can't believe someone as handsome would love someone like you, Y/n. I'm so proud of you!" Your mother said, nodding to you as she smiled at Max.

You were starting to get the impression your mother liked your boyfriend more than she even liked you at this point.

"I didn't know you had a thing for race-car drivers." Your uncle said, smiling at you as he leaned forward to shake hands with Max.

Your aunt did too, along with Amelia and Milo, as they seemed rather happy for max being there.

Three reasons.

1. He was your new boyfriend.
2. He was rich.
3. He was famous.

What more could they ever want out of you other than you becoming famous yourself and making money off of you simply being Max Verstappen's girlfriend?

"And he's been staying over at your house, no?" Your mother asked you, as your father was slightly distracted with stacking up the boxes of presents he had already got.

He was most likely going to be taking them to the car.

This would mean you were most likely going to your parents house after simply to watch your father unbox and unwrap his presents to see what he got.

"Oh, I knew my beautiful child would one day marry a rich man." Your mother said, smiling at you as she leaned over to give you a side hug.

You responded by giving her a side hug too, Max looking to you almost smugly.

You swatted Max's Hand a little, and it recoiled.

"You've still got the night to get through, thank you." You told him, laughing a little bit.

Marilyn giggled, performing the same act of slapping his hand away.