~~ H O M E ~~

It was the next day, and you were inside your apartment getting ready to head for your parents' house.

You knew they'd say something about your current situation in life, and you didn't look forward to it.

The people you'd be seeing there was your mom, dad, younger brother, uncle and aunt.

Your younger brother was named 'Milo' and he was about 22 years old.

Unlike you, milo was married at the moment, though he didn't have any kids.

His wife was named 'Amelia' and she was also 22 years old.

"Mari, stop throwing my phone onto the ground please." You told her, looking over at your daughter.

"No!" She replied right back with a strong and stern emotion.

Usually when you told her not to do something she'd either yell at you or end up crying.

You sighed a little bit before looking away and going back to doing what you usually did in the middle of the day.

You filled up her water bottle, handed it to her after putting the cap back on, so she set your phone onto the counter and began to drink out of the straw.

After she did this, you grabbed your phone and placed it into your pocket.

At the moment, you were wearing something a little more comfy, as it was most likely raining outside of the apartment.

"Marilyn, we've got to put on your jacket." You told her, offering your hand to grab.

"Jackyet?" She said, taking your hand to hold it as she walked through the apartment.

Marilyn had to work on her pronunciation, as she would always mess up on a couple words.

You were proud of her though, as she was able to repeat people along with genuinely form sentences and remember people's names.

She knew how to do most things at her age other than unlock your phone, which was something she should most likely learn how to do.

She enjoyed being on your phone, and since you lived in Las Vegas, she didn't really want to go outside and do stuff such as go shopping or go eat out at restaurants.

Honestly, you were fine with that, as you didn't like going out too much either, as long as it wasn't really excessive.

Las Vegas, NV, was where you lived, and your parents lived close by too in a much larger house at the moment.

Marilyn and you reached the closet, her closet in her room, where you opened the door and grabbed a small black jacket that she usually wore.

You crouched down a little and she stretched her arms quickly, before you put the jacket over her head to get behind her and began to help her put it on.

"Good job!" You said, giving her a high five after you put the jacket on with her.

She enthusiastically gave you a High five back, before laughing a little bit and running out of the room, down the hallway and towards where she had her shoes.

You laughed a little bit and got up, making the same exact trail as you followed her towards the door.

The kitchen was directly beside the door, which was kind of convenient for you.

"Let's put on your shoes, Mari?" You asked, raising an eyebrow as you showed her the shoes she'd be wearing.

They were small light grey boots with a few laces, and one strap, which was among one of her many pairs of shoes.

Your parents loved to buy her things and you really needed more space for said things.

After a few moments, of unstrapping and untying the boots, you crouched down again.

She placed a hand onto your back and she lifted up her foot, you immediately placed her foot inside the boot, making sure to not mess up her socks.

You then did the other, before she took a hand off your back so that you could lean back and tie them for her.

"Could you go get my jacket? The black one?" You asked her, smiling a little bit at your child.

She immediately ran off towards the closet, and you got up to let her do her own thing while you did yours.

You had a black bag ready, as both you and her had essentials that you didn't exactly want or could bring in a purse.

It was mainly things for Marilyn, backup pacifier for when she started crying and simply didn't stop, milk bottles that were already full along with bandaids just incase for her.

Marilyn didn't use pacifiers, but sometimes she simply had to, as there were times where she wouldn't stop crying for anything.

She didn't have a relationship with her biological parent at all, and you didn't have a relationship with them either, after they walked out practically as soon as Mari was born.

Marilyn walked back, and she was dragging a black jacket (your choice brand) which you smiled a little.

She clapped for herself so you clapped too.

"Thank you, Eleni." You told her, and picked up the jacket as soon as she stopped dragging it.

You put the jacket on as she watched happily, giggling a little bit as you put it on.

Once in, you picked her up into a seated position, mainly where she sat on your forearm as you held her closely.

"Alright, you ready to go see grandma and grandpa?" You asked her, lifting an eyebrow.
(It's so weird writing grandpa and grandpa when I don't use those names for my grandparents)

"Yeah!" She said enthusiastically, voice loud for someone half your size.

You grabbed the apartment keys, which were attached to both car keys and keys to your parents house, before adjusting the black small backpack near your shoulder.

After a couple moments, you unlocked the door to the apartment and exited with your child in your arms, and you really didn't have any sort of goal today other than to see your parents.

You just hoped they wouldn't speak about your romantic life, or even intimate.