Chapter 2

Everyone laughed as Mal snatch some candy from a baby and held it up to show them all.

Suddenly, everyone scattered and Mal turned around to face the new arrivals behind her.

"Hi, mum." She greeted.

Maleficent shoved her minions to one side as she walked her way past them.

"Stealing candy, Mal? So disappointed." She told her daughter.

"It was from a baby?" Mal spoke hopefully.

"That's my nasty little girl." Maleficent spoke proudly as she took the candy from her.

She then proceeded to spit on it and shove it under her arm before handing it to one of her minions.

"Give it back to the dreadful creature." She told him.

"Mum." Mal complained.

"It's the deets, Mal, that make the difference between mean and truly evil." Maleficent explained. "When I was your age I was cursing entire kingdoms."

Mal mouthed her mum's words, having heard them a million times before.

"You... walk with me." Maleficent said before wrapping an arm around her daughter.

She said a few more words to her as Jay, Evie, Riley, and Carlos watched them, before throwing her arms in the air.

"Oh! There's news! I buried the lead." Maleficent said as she turned to face the lot of them. "You five have been chosen to go to a different school in Auradon."

Riley, Carlos, Jay, and Evie tried to run, only to be stopped and held in place.

"What?" Mal asked in disbelief. "I'm not going to some boarding school filled to the brim with prissy pink princesses."

"And perfect princes." Evie spoke dreamily, before catching Mal's look and changing her tone to disgust. "Ugh."

"I hate school to begin with, you expect me to want to go in Auradon?" Riley said.

"Yeah, and I don't do uniforms. Unless it's leather, you feel me?" Jay said as he held his hand up for a high-five which no one gave.

"I read somewhere that they allow dogs in Auradon." Carlos said. "Mum said they're rabid pack animals who eat boys who don't behave."

Jay then barked behind him which made Carlos jump and Riley held back a laugh.

"Yeah, mum, we're not going." Mal said.

"Oh, your thinking small, pumpkin." Maleficent said. "It's all about world domination. Knuckleheads!"

Maleficent began to walk away, her loyal minions following after her.

"Mal~" She sang her daughter's name.

Mal shared a glance with her friends, before they all followed after Maleficent.

****

"You will go. You will find the Fairy Godmother and you will bring me back her magic wand." Maleficent said from where she sat on her throne, filing her nails. "Easy-peasy."

"What's in it for us?" Mal asked.

"Matching thrones. Hers-and-hers crowns."

"I think she meant us." Carlos said as he and Mal gestured to all five of them.

Maleficent threw away her file as she stood up.