CHAPTER 5 - "Somewhat Impromptu Hangout"

"Ah shoot..." Akane frantically says, feels around his pockets. "Ahhhh, I can't find it!! I had my point card and a few bills in there!!" He gets a dismayed look on his face, in his head, still trying to figure out where it could've possibly ended up.

His phone, placed on his bed, gets a notification ping.

[ New message! ]

"What now...?" He opens the notification to find that it was from the girl he just met a few hours ago.

[ Machida-san... I saw your wallet fall out and I'm holding onto it... I'll return it to you!! |・ω・) ]

"Phew...!" He was lucky that it was left by someone who noticed it fall out and was willing to return it. Quickly, he replies to the message.

[ Thanks so much!! I thought i lost it for a sec (*_ _)人 ]

He sighs in relief once more. But then, he realizes... how is she gonna return the wallet? So they continue their conversation through text.

[ Oh right... How's getting it back gonna work? ]

Then, Ruby has a moment of brilliance and proposes an idea.

[ Ah... umm, would you like to meet up somehow... A friend and I are going to Akiba tomorrow... ]

He ponders for a moment. "Akiba, huh... Mmmm, if I just go there for the wallet, I guess I'd be wasting most of my day... What do I do...?" He didn't have to wonder for that long, though, as it seems like he was given the answer.

[ If you don't have anything else going on, would you be free to join us? I could properly introduce you to one of Aqours! ]

"...Huh? She's inviting me...?" Akane thought it was a bit unusual considering they just met a few hours ago. On top of that, he could tell that she was very nervous in their first meeting, though none of them expected, especially Ruby herself, to open up that quickly. Then again, she was offering so it couldn't hurt to try asking.

[ Eh? You sure?? I mean that would be cool, but is your friend gonna be okay with it? ]

[ I'll try asking her!! I'll get back to you in a bit~ o(>ω<)o ]

Meanwhile, Ruby messages her friend and fellow Aqours member Hanamaru Kunikida.

[ Hanamaru-chan!! ]

[ Ruby-chan? It's a bit late, zura... What is it? ]

[ Plans changed a little bit, but don't worry!! I can still hang out!! Here's the thing, though... ]

——————————————————

The next day.

The streets and sights of Akihabara are as lively as ever, many people roaming the streets and visiting their favorite shops, trying out food, playing games at arcades, hunting for merchandise, and more. An afternoon like this is perfect for an outing. People from far away usually make a trip to this hub for otaku. Soon, the twin-tailed redhead and her brownish-golden haired friend from the countryside arrive outside the big red Akihabara Building 4, expecting a certain someone.

"Ah, there he is!!" In the distance, Ruby spots the young boy within the crowd and tries to call out to him, waving her hand up high. With just enough of an opening to get a clear view, he notices and waves back, while getting closer, maneuvering through the crowd until he pops out the other side.

"Aha...! I'm here...," Akane says, looking the slightest bit out of breath, but otherwise just happy to be here.

"Is that him, zura?" The girl with her asks, rather intrigued. Regardless, she introduces herself. With a friendly tone, she says, "Kunikida Hanamaru. Nice to meet you, zura!"