CHAPTER 3 - "Another Perspective"

"I'm home!!" A boisterous voice echoes in a suburban household in Fuji-shi of a young redheaded boy just coming home after a day of school.

"Ah, Akane, welcome home," says a gray-eyed older woman with medium black-colored hair fading into violet, who looks to be in her early to mid 20's, seen preparing tonight's dinner. "Go wash up, dinner's in a few. After that, Mom has to tell us something. She said it wasn't that serious, we'll see."

"'Kay!" Taking his shoes off, he runs upstairs. After a quick shower, he goes into his room, changing into more casual wear. He finds himself looking at the mirror and inspecting himself, fluffing out his hair a bit and flicking his small cowlick, to which he gives a confident grin.

Akane is seen heading down to the living area, and a decent dinner on the table having been already prepared by his older sister Yui, who's seen cleaning up the cookery, and their mother finishing up some important calls.

They start dinner, and their mother proceeds to inform them of something important.

"I'm sure you two know about our line of business, right?" They both nod, that being in the food industry.

"Well, one of the Machida family's prominent business partners invited us to go to an event in Tokyo. And it's around tomorrow night."

"Ah well, it can't really be helped," Yui says rather casually.

"Yeah, I guess. Still, could've given us a bit of a heads up, right?" At this point, Akane's used to the motions of the life he was born into. But luckily for him, his hobbies interests managed to align with it, and he's a bit of a social butterfly himself, so he knows how to handle it well.

Their mother chuckled. "That's true. But luckily it's in Tokyo, so we won't have to ride for that long in the car."

Finishing up dinner, Akane starts to yawn. "Imma go head upstairs..." His mother stops him in his tracks, saying, "Don't forget to wash your dishes." "Oh, right," he says, almost forgetting to do so.

Later, he's seen staring at his ceiling in his room, when he gets a notification from a friend of his, a small news article about a certain school idol group from Uchiura making the rounds online, and even interviews from some of the members.

"School idols, huh..." It's an article his friend happened to publish, and they seem pretty proud of it, from what he asked about it. He's had a passive fascination for them for quite a bit. Despite being a curious one and eager to learn about new things, he never found himself researching more about them full force. Though, it does get him wondering about what it's like to attend a live like that.

But then, he starts to yawn longer. "Great, I'm actually getting tired again." He puts his phone away and heads to sleep.

——————————————————

The next day, the family's seen all ready to go, and so they head for their destination in Tokyo. Soon, they arrive at the massive tower, and head for the assigned "casual conference room." They arrive, and Yui is seen casually making some small talk with some of the attendees. Akane gets approached as well by some older folk. While a bit nervous, he manages to keep up a good conversation, well, as good of a conversation an adult can make with a teen, at least.

Soon, the time comes for the kids to convene in another room. Yui is a bit of a drinker, and while her mother is not, she stays close by to keep an eye on her. They trust Akane can be left on his own, and after sharing looks at each other, he agrees to sit this one out. He manages to be the first one to arrive, and soon, younger kids start trickling in from the entrance of the isolated common area, already beginning to be acquainted with one another surprisingly well. He gets approached by a few of them and gets convinced to play, to which he hesitates at first, but soon starts to enjoy their company. He's so focused on entertaining them (and making sure none of them start a fight) that he doesn't even notice someone else slip inside silently. After a while, he does feel a bit tired, and so he says, "Okay, okay, cut it out you guys, 'Nii-nii' thinks you should go play with each other," and puts the kid he was holding down. He catches a glimpse of that other person, a pigtailed, redheaded girl with turquoise-colored eyes that's about his age, staring at what he was doing prior. "Huh, I didn't notice her coming in..." As soon as they lock eyes, the girl immediately tenses up. Akane can't even get himself to think about anything else, other than, "Ummm..."

And now, they're at this point, locked into a staring contest until one of them can make a move...