Or if you die, she thought quietly to herself.

He seemed pleased with her answer so she let out a small sigh of relief as he walked back up to his throne. Then he pulled out a small intricately designed silver bell from his side and held it up.

Looking over his shoulder, he said in a low voice, "If you disobey me, you'll return back to the island that made Scylla."

(Y/N) swallowed and looked down, clenching her fist.

___Meanwhile at the Southern Air Temple___

High above the sprawling landscape of the Southern Air Temple, where the gentle whispers of the wind danced through the ancient stone spires, a spirit boy named Sora watched the temple, a look of impatience flashing in his grey eyes mirroring the boundless sky. The air was crisp, and the sky stretched endlessly in a canvas of vibrant blue, with not a single cloud to interrupt its expanse. The sun, a radiant orb of warmth, bathed the temple grounds in a golden embrace.

Sora sat cross-legged beside an imposing figure. An unexpected companion shared the sacred space with him-his spirit guide bison named Zephyr. Zephyr's fur glistened with a myriad of earthy tones, a testament to the connection between the boy and his loyal companion that transcended the Physical and Spiritual Realm.

Sora got up and effortlessly jumped from the ground up to the tip of a nearby tree to watch the silent sky.

"Hey, Zephyr, how long until the Avatar gets here do you think?" Sora asked his ten-ton furry companion who was sleeping on a grass of wildflowers.

The bison made a low grumble and lazily reached its front foot up to catch a yellow butterfly.

"Because this is his temple, it'll probably be the first place he goes back to." Sora replied with a proud grin, "I'm just a genius, aren't I?"

The bison doesn't make a sound, watching the yellow butterfly as it flies from its extended front leg to the top of her nose. She stays perfectly still, large black eyes twinkling with awe and adoration as it watches her winged friend.

"Yeah yeah, say whatever you want but when the Avatar comes to this temple, you'll be eating your words." He effortlessly glides through the air towards the next tree.

To the human eye it might look like a one-sided conversation but it isn't, Zephyr responds in his mindscape, a link that all Children of the Spirit have with their animal companions.

"We've been through this; we need him because he's going to fight the Fire Lord and we need to rescue (Y/N)." His cheeks brighten at the mention of her name.

Zephyr grumbles lowly, still remaining perfectly still as the butterfly now travels up to the tip of her furry head.

Sora's cheeks burn red, "She doesn't need to know if I exist or not, besides Mizu and Shui are in the North Pole and they refuse to leave Yin and Yang's sight, after what happened to (Y/N) and Hisashi I'm sure the Fire Nation is that stupid enough to want to hurt Yin and Yang. Then there's Daichi who's probably buried in a pile of books in Wan Shi Tong's library so that leaves you and me, humanities last hope, me with my handsome boyish charms and you with your." He turns to her and sees the colossal sky bison enamored by the yellow butterfly, "We gotta work on your whole aesthetic, I'm thinking scary and beast-like over whatever this is."

Zephyr rolled her dark eyes.

Sora turned back to watching the temple and resumed a stoic expression, puffing his chest forward. "And of course the love interest is the beautiful Child of Fire, (Y/N)-"

Suddenly he saw a dark spec in the sky. Something was approaching in the distance and since there were no bison's left in the world that could only mean one thing.

Flames of Destiny (Zuko x Reader) Book 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें