Prologue

Our tale unfolds with the inadvertent actions of two siblings from the Southern Water Tribe who, by chance, fracture a colossal ice dome. As the frozen structure fractures, an immense burst of azure brilliance erupts, piercing the heavens and unleashing a powerful surge of energy that ripples across the entire world

In the dusty dunes of the Si Wong Desert, the swirling wind picks up waves of sand under the blistering heat of the midday sun. The desolate exterior of this rugged wasteland seemed to reflect in the dry faces of the sand dwellers in the wasted desert. A tall lean man stepped out of the only pub around these parts, pulling his black mask over his sharp features, his dark tousled hair drooping over his emerald orbs.

Just as he pulled the hood of his garment over his head a surge of energy reached him; he tilted his head up towards the sky, his jaw flexing as his eyes flashed yellow.

Across the deserted wasteland and towards the higher Southern Temples a boy no more than fifteen is jumping from tree to tree, reaching higher than he should. He screams blithely as a bison tackles him midair. They both go tumbling down a hill of wildflowers, him securely wrapped against the bison's belly. When they land at the bottom in a mess of carefree laughter, white fur and petals they feel a surging energy pulsate through their body.

The boy bobs his head up. He stared into his bison's adorable large eyes as his eyes glows yellow.

He grinned widely, "Whoa. Took him long enough."

Over the Southern Temple and beyond the seemingly endless stretch of ocean towards the North Pole, a little girl no more than eight is sitting on a large polar bear in a beautiful clearing surrounded by walls of ice. The polar bears thick fur and mass almost swallowed her entire frame, unless you paid close attention to the miniscule bundle of blue cloth and white fur atop the large creatures back. She perks up, cerulean eyes staring intently at the pond at the center. She watched the two monochromatic fishes, in their eternal dance. Her hair is long, braided so far it hangs on the side of the polar bear. Her front silver bangs hovered over her expressionless orbs.

The polar bear grunted and growled, paws digging into the dirt as it bends its front legs, bowing towards the pond. She nodded silently and her eyes glowed yellow.

Towards the Fire Nation a tremendously large dragon flew over a battle cruiser, rippling through the sea as it maintained it's course towards the heart of the Fire Nation.

The dragon roared as it circled and coiled above the ship.

Below a tall slim girl stood at the helm of the battle ship, she wore a formidable armor inspired by the Fire Nation's fierce legacy. Her attire showcased a blend of fiery red and glistening gold, with a dragon-scale pattern on the breastplate. The armor was not only a symbol of strength but also a practical ensemble, allowing the Dragoness agile movement on the ship's deck. Ornate gauntlets and greaves completed her fierce look, adorned with dragon motifs that seemed to come alive in the glow of the sun.

(Y/N's) eyes glowed yellow as the wave of energy surged through her.

She turned as the large white dragon landed behind her, barely being contained by the space on the deck.

It leaned forward and growled lowly, breathing hot fire as heavy saliva trickling down it's sharp teeth.

To everyone else on deck the sight was terrifying, the girl was so small beside it, if the dragon wanted to he could just as easily slice her to ribbons with its sharp claws but it doesn't, instead it growled viciously.

The girl wasn't at all fazed, instead she frowned and sighed as she turned, as if losing to a silent argument.

The dragon makes a low gruff sound and flies off, rocking the ship as it descends into the sky. It releases a final earsplitting roar and spreads it colossal wings, effectively clearing off several clouds as it flew up, disappearing completely over the clouds.

(Y/N) raised a hand and a tall lean man clad in black armor walked over. He stops behind her.

The expression on her face is grim, eyes dark with a glint of pain flashing across her delicate features. It seemed as if she was mulling over a regretful thought, (E/C) eyes wistful as she stared after the space in the clouds the dragon had created as it disappeared.

"I'm afraid the day I've rued has come, the Avatar has returned. I must now hunt my own kind."