Prologue

Many things seem to happen that the town didn't know about, Dipper has noticed. After being chased by gnomes, finding a sea monster that turned out to be a machine made by the town's crazy person, finding out his Uncle's old wax collection were in fact alive, making clones of himself to dance with his crush, along with many other things. He's believed he has seen some crazy things in this town.

And while this wasn't anything crazy or would leave him with nightmares, he would rank this a bit odd for this town.

He was walking into town with Mabel when he sees everyone lining up, cheering at something. Mabel joins in for the fun of it. He rolls his eyes at his twin's antics and notices people holding up signs saying, 'welcome back!' 'we missed you!' 'why'd you come back?'

Suffice to say, his interest was piqued.

He walks to Sheriff Blubs who was cheering in the back while Deputy Derling was ringing his bell. "Sheriff Blubs, what's going on?" He turns around and points to the street in which he sees a fancy limo pass by slowly. "Haven't you heard, city boy? Pacifica's cousin is back in town!"

Other town members joined in their talk.

"She's always a sweetheart to everyone."

"She helped my baby in math when he didn't understand!"

"She helped me make my secret coffee omelet better!"

"She's the best!"

The crowd started getting louder as they kept cheering. Dipper couldn't help but scoff.

"She can't be a Northwest then if she's this nice."

Mabel pulled away from the crows and hugs her twin. "Come on Dipper, the Northwests aren't bad at all!"

"Didn't you compete against Pacifica at the party a few days ago?"

"It was fun, nothing serious! I'm sure the Northwests are sweet people, considering how one of them seems to be a town's favorite!"

He can't help but agree with Mabel. He looks at the limo and sees the window sliding down, the person behind was a girl. She had (/) hair and a pair of sunglasses on. She waved at everyone, giving a big smile.

"You guys are so sweet, thank you!" She moves her head out the door and looks at the front of limo and Dipper follows her gaze and feels fear. It was Old man McGucket standing in the way of the limo. He looks at the driver and sees his head looking down.

He rushes over, trying to get through the crowd. "McGucket, watch out!" He yells out, but his voice wasn't heard from the cheering. He felt hopeless, realizing he wouldn't catch up.

When all of a sudden, McGucket was launched away from the vehicle. Dipper couldn't believe his eyes. The old man was moved out of thin air. He looks around and saw no one looking at the scene. All except one.

Dipper looks at the girl, fixing her glasses, sighing in relief now that McGucket is safe from the car. She gives one last wave to everyone and leans to the front of the car, ordering her driver to drive away. The driver looks up and speeds the car, making sure no one's in his way.

Dipper's mouth flew open, questions forming in his head. How did McGucket fly out of the way? Was it magic? Was it that girl? Was this more of Gravity falls' weirdness?

He grabbed Mabel's hand and dragged her away from the crowd, explaining what he just saw. All he knows is that he should be careful around that girl. . .

- - - - - - - - -

"Adam."

The driver looks at the rear mirror. "Yes, Miss (/)?"

"You're fired."