9.

I apologize in advance for how ridiculous this chapter and the next one will be 🤡 but that's what you came here for isn't it-

-

As Heeseung sings, the raw chicken slowly starts to float on its own, ascending up to the air.

The green feathers start to fly clockwise in a circle before getting attracted to the piece of meat. The feathers flied towards it and as soon as they touched, there was a bright flash.

Heeseung closed his eyes shut, covering his face with his hands at the blinding light. He lets out a startled yell and falls to the floor.

After a few seconds, he slightly opens one eye and peeks through his fingers.

There, stood the one he'd been wanting to see all this time. The reason he had done all of this in the first place.

"D-duo?!" Heeseung uttered, clearly shocked that whatever he had done had worked.

The green bird looked even more beautiful in person, its (what gender is duo..? 😭) green feathers glistening in the light pouring out from Heeseung's window. "Yes, my love. It's me."

The boy couldn't believe his eyes, finally he was united with his lover. "It's really you...you're real." He spoke, getting up from the floor slowly.

Heeseung trailed his fingers along the smooth green feathers before hugging the tall, muscular creature.

Duo gladly hugged back, "this is just like your dream, isn't it?" It chuckled.

"Yeah- Wait, how do you know about that?" Heeseung answered, pulling back a little.

"...Don't worry about that. All that matters is that we're together now." Duo said, shifting the topic quickly.

"Uh...okay." Heeseung shrugged. "I think this moment is even better than my dreams actually." He continued, smiling happily.

"Haha...you're so cute, Heeseungie." The bird smiled back...somehow.

Heeseung only smiled wider at that. "I love you.." he whispered.

Duo strengthened its grip on the boy. "I love you too." It said.

Before anything else could happen, a loud bang was heard. Heeseung snapped his head to the direction of the sound, his eyes widening at the sight.

His door had been broken down and there stood the 6 other members of enhypen standing there with horrified faces.

"Who- No, what in the world is...that." Jay uttered.

All the boys waited for an answer from the eldest member, terrified by the freakish green bird standing before them. Not only that, it was hugging their hyung as well.

Finally, Heeseung sighed and decided to explain. "Um...so please don't judge me. Basically, I've been talking to um...Duolingo and as you can see, I love him." He said confidently.

There was another moment of silence as the six boys looked at each other before Jake spoke up.

"Hyung...you really thought we would judge you?" He began.

Heeseung's face relaxed a little at Jake's voice until he continued,

"-because you're absolutely right, what the fuck??"

•••

oop