6. help me

"fuck me, lucy i need your help," isabela slurred as lucy helped her walk into her apartment later that night after a few too many drinks. lucy glanced down at the drunk blonde, raising a concerned eyebrow.

"what's wrong?"

isabela stumbled out of lucy's arms and leaned against the kitchen counter, running a hand through her curled hair, looking at lucy, a desperate and sad look in her eyes.

"i like alexia," she revealed, tears gathering in her eyes, her emotions all over the place. being completely intoxicated didn't help her in containing her emotions and tears began to fall down her cheeks.

"is that not a good thing?" lucy asked in confusion, walking over to isabela and wiped the tears off her cheeks, concern growing in her as she watched isabela fall apart.

isabela shook her head, breaking apart from lucy, pacing around the room, "there is no universe where this is a good thing! what am i supposed to do?"

lucy furrowed her eyebrows, "bel, this doesn't have to be a bad thing. why are you so upset?"

"i can't let myself get hurt again, luce, i can't," isabela whimpered, more tears gathering in her eyes. lucy watched her best friend completely break in front of her. isabela dropped to the floor, her hands covering her face as she cried.

lucy watched her helplessly for a moment, not knowing if this was a genuine reaction to the realisation of her liking alexia or if she was so drunk she was crying for no reason.

the defender walked over to her slowly before kneeling down on the floor beside her, bringing the crying woman into her arms, attempting to soothe her as she continued to sob.

"bel, come on, you need to tell me why you're so upset. what has happened that you're so scared of admitting your feelings? alexia clearly likes you back, what are you so afraid of?" she asked the girl softly but the confusion was evident in her tone.

isabela lifted her head and looked into lucy's eyes and the older woman's heart broke at the utter fear and sorrow in the blondes eyes. she'd never seen isabela like this before, the woman was usually so put together and confident. lucy didn't think she'd ever seen isabela cry.

"luce, i can't go through another heart break, not after leah, i-i can't," the girl cried, making lucy even more confused.

"what? i thought you both ended on good terms? are you not friends?"

isabela sniffled, wiping her nose with the back of her hand, "yeah, we're friends, but our relationship didn't end well. she cheated on me, why do you think i'm so against relationships? seeing her with someone else broke me, and i can't risk it again. i can't- as much as i like alexia, i can't," she rushed out, not noticing the way lucy's face dropped and contoured up in anger at the revelation that leah had cheated on her best friend.

isabela was perhaps the most perfect person lucy had ever met. she was beautiful, funny, kind - well most of the time - and one of the best footballers in the world. how anyone could cheat on her lucy didn't know. if the pair didn't have such a close and precious friendship that lucy never wanted to risk, she was sure she'd pursue isabela herself.

and leah. leah was one of the nicest and most genuine people lucy knew. or so she thought. while leah and isabela's relationship was private, away from the public eye, everyone close to the pair knew about them. and they seemed like a perfect couple in everyone's eyes, including lucy's.

when they broke it off, they gave no reason apart from the fact that they just 'drifted apart' and were no longer in love with eachother. it had been a weird explanation considering not even a few days before isabela hold told lucy this, the blonde had been talking to her about proposing. despite this, lucy never questioned it.