4. casual flirting

during training that day, mapí purposely partnered up with lucy while they did some warm up drills. she wanted to get to know more about the english women that had recently joined the team and she also wanted get more information about isabela and her relationship status.

"is there a reason you were so desperate to pair up with me today?" lucy asked the bleach blonde with a chuckle as they walked out onto the pitch, the blazing barcelona sun beating down on them.

mapí looked up at lucy with an innocent smile, "i want to get to know you better!" she exclaimed, making lucy raise an eyebrow. she nodded non the less and followed the younger defender into a secluded spot on the grass.

"so, are you single?" mapí asked not so subtly, making lucy chuckle, giving the blonde a knowing look.

"yes i am, i broke up with my girlfriend a few months ago," lucy informed her softly, and mapí's smirk dropped, muttering a small apology.

"don't worry about it, now what did you really want to ask me? you're not at all subtle you know," lucy said after a few moments, passing the ball back to mapí as they stood a few feet apart from eachother.

maria laughed softly, "basically, by the way you can't tell her that i told you this because she might kill me," she warned and lucy nodded in confusion, "basically, alexia has a little crush on isabela, and i wanted to figure out what she's like, you know? is she in a relationship? does she even like girls?"

lucy let out a loud laugh at the blondes questioning, "she's not in a relationship, no," she informed her, "but she doesn't really date, after she broke up with leah, she's very against the idea."

"leah?" mapí questioned, not recognising the name.

lucy nodded, "leah williamson, she plays for arsenal, an england teammate," she told her.

"why did they break up?" mapí asked curiously, wanting to dig out all the information she could about isabela.

lucy shrugged, "just drifted apart, i guess, she doesn't really talk about it, but they're friends now, so it can't have been a messy breakup."

mapí nodded, "so she likes girls?"

"yeah, but like i said she doesn't date, she goes out with girls but it's never anything serious, she said she doesn't believe in love," lucy laughed.

mapí smirked, "sounds like a blonde i know. you should've seen how freaked out ale was when she told me she liked isabela."

"has isabela been flirting with her?"

mapí tilted her head, "i don't know. ale said that she called her pretty and gave her some cute nickname but she thinks she was just being friendly."

the english defender glanced around the pitch looking for isabela and smirks when she sees her partnered up with alexia, "look at them."

mapí looks in the direction lucy was pointing in, a grin forming on her face as she sees the two blondes laughing together. they were stood close together, a lot closer then anyone else. isabela kept touching alexia's arm, seemingly flirting with their captain. 

"does she do that a lot?" maria asked, glancing back at lucy, who was still watching the pair.

"i don't know. i told you she's not very open about her love life, but they do look cute together."

mapí bit her lip, "ale hasn't dated or liked anyone since she broke up with jenni a couple of years ago, so the fact she told me she liked isabela says a lot. i don't wanna see her get hurt."

"i can talk to bela about it if you want, obviously i wont tell her that alexia likes her but i can dig about a bit," lucy offered as the pair walked over to the rest of the team when jonatan called them over.