"Woahh," She mumbles, her eyes flickering all over the place as she scans the area. 

Right in front of us, maybe 20 feet, is a small pond inside of a rectangular-shaped fenced-in area. Lights hang across the grass, high up in the air, making it easy to look around. Dogs chase each other and bark loudly on the inside, their respective owners sitting at picnic tables - talking or reading a book. 

"Do you like it?" I ask her, resting my hands on her waist. 

"I love it!" She giggles, her voice going up two octaves. 

Is she going into her headspace?

I gently slide my hands behind her and give her a gentle push, then follow as she takes off to get into the dog park. As soon as she swings the gate open, a couple of dogs turn their heads to her and begin to make their way to her. Her laughter is loud as she closes the gate and they all come to sniff her and play. 

----

"Did you have fun, bunny?" I question, my hands resting by my sides as we walk side by side. 

"Mhm!" She hums to me, her face tilted up to grin at me. Her head falls back down in seconds, the grin still there, and she stares at my hand thoughtfully. 

I watch her from the corner of my eye, she sticks her tongue out and licks her lips as she thinks. Shaking her head, she reaches out and grabs my left hand - though her hand is too small to completely hold mine. 

"We're almost back to the hotel - and it's nearly time for bed, bunny," I tell her softly, rubbing my thumb on the back of her hand. 

"Nuh uh," She pouts and shakes her head at me. I chuckle at her response, deciding to leave that argument for a little later. 

"We'll talk about it when we get there," I meditate, staying quiet as we walk along the dimly lit street, the sidewalk hard under our feet. A few other people pass us and others on the other side of the street, most of them turning to look at us. 

Once there are about two blocks left from the hotel, I start hearing yawns coming from my side. 

"Is someone getting a little sleepy?" I chuckle, looking down at her. Our steps slowly come to a stop, she looks up at me and opens her mouth to say something, but blushes and looks away as nothing comes out.  

"It's okay, take your time," I tell her comfortingly, bending down to her eye level and holding her hand. Her fingers quickly begin to play with mine as she opens her mouth again, but pauses again to think. 

Then she looks down, small and quiet babbles trailing from her. A small smile grows on my face at the noises and I nod happily. 

"Yes, that makes perfect sense. I completely understand my little one."

She giggles and grasps at my hands, her eyes lighting up a little and she wiggles a little. Beginning to babble more, she reaches over and tugs on my shirt repeatedly. 

"You have my full attention, bunny, tell me what you want - no need to tug," I smile, holding in a chuckle. 

Her arms quickly rise, looping around my neck as she grins. 

"Okay, I got you," I say, picking her up and letting her wrap her legs around my waist as we begin to walk the rest of the way to the hotel. 

Her little hands reach up and play with my hair, her touch is wispy and soft. My smile stays plastered on my face as we walk - the hotel coming into view quickly. I almost want to take a different turn so we can stay like this a little longer. 

I can't do that though, she needs to get into bed soon. 

Almost as if proving my point, as soon as we walk through the sliding doors a big yawn comes from Constance, babbles following it.