Those Other Parents Are Going Down

"Um, Kageyama?" Hinata called from the kitchen the following morning.

Kageyama was doing yet another load of laundry after Kaii spit up on three outfits consecutively and peed when Kageyama was changing him, so that got literally everywhere.

"What? I'm a little busy here."

"Did you read the schedule for today?"

"Of course I did, boke." Kageyama rolled his eyes. Why were they having this conversation by yelling across the house at each other?

"Okay, so you know we have to be somewhere with Kaii in twenty minutes?"

Kageyama pulled his hands out of the dryer, standing up straight.

No. No, he did not know that.

"Where?"

Kageyama could hear Hinata's sigh through the two walls that separated them. Then, "Kaii has a baby class and social circle in twenty minutes. You wanna find out what happens if we mess up his perfect attendance record?"

Kageyama definitely didn't want that. Grabbing the first clean shirt he could find out of the dryer, he dashed into the kitchen. "I'll get the carrier. You grab literally everything else."

"And Kaii?"

"I'll shove him in the carrier. Come on! Let's go!"

"But you said I could run home this morning—"

"There's not time!"

Hinata growled frustratedly. "Then give me another shirt to wear!"

‿︵‿︵‿୨🏐୧‿︵‿︵‿

They made it to Kaii's class in the nick of time. Skidding into the front office, both out of breath, Kageyama fought back a proud smirk. He'd beaten Hinata there even with a baby strapped to his chest.

The carrier had been a nightmare... After wasting ten precious minutes fighting each other trying to get the straps right and making Kaii cry for the fifth time that morning, Hinata yanked the harness out of the bag and threw it at Kageyama. Somehow that proved easier to get on, and they were only a little late in getting to the educational center.

"Can I help you gentlemen?" asked the young girl working the front desk. She looked like she was no older than fifteen, and honestly, she probably had more experience parenting than both Kageyama and Hinata combined.

Hinata strolled up casually, pointedly ignoring Kageyama's victorious smirk. He elbowed Kageyama just before saying, "Good morning. We're here to check in Tsukishima Kaii for his class."

Kageyama presented his chest, giving the girl a view of the little blonde devil strapped to him. Kaii looked as unimpressed as ever, clearly not understanding the feat Hinata and Kageyama just pulled off to get him there on time.

"Hello, little Kaii," the girl said with a warm smile. "But where's his dad?" Her cheeks pinkened slightly. What on earth for, Kageyama didn't know. Who in their right mind blushed for Tsukishima?

"Away on a business trip," Kageyama explained. "We're the babysitters."

"Ah yes, there's a note about it in the system I'm seeing now. I only expected one of you though. Well, I'm sure we can make an exception. If I could get your names for your nametags—"

Kageyama and Hinata exchanged confused glances. Then Hinata asked, "Why do we need nametags?"

"So the teacher and other parents know who you are."

"For like...the waiting room?" Hinata scratched the back of his head.

"No. For the class. They just started, so you better hurry up."