chapter 17

*sorry for mistakes*

Adam didn't really know how Envy was going to take him to his sisters, he definitely didn't expect teleportation from a mouse.

It all happened so quick, Envy put the eleven-year-old in a bright yellow raincoat and dark-colored rain boots before picking him up bridal style and teleporting to some random location. Adam felt like he went through the worse case of whiplash, the whole process was just bright lights and a lot of jerking before they were at their destination. The silver-haired familiar looked over at his young master and his feminine face twisted slightly in concern.

"Young Master, are you okay? Would you like me to get you a sick bag?-"

"I'm fine. Just...Put me down." Adam gasped, being let down on the cobblestone pavement now soaking in rainwater. He gave himself a minute to breath before regaining his posture and looking at the Gothic manor, surrounded by velvet-pink roses that bloomed beautifully through the rain. "Is this the place?"

"It is, Young Master. Lady Momoi and Lady Airi are here, located in the main hall."

"Let's get this over with."

"Of course, Young Master." The two males walked up to the dark looming doors, before Adam could even think about touching the knocker, the door opened with a slow and unpleasant screech. The raven-haired boy hesitated, looking at Envy (who looked dry somehow) who only gave him a dazzling smile. "It is alright, Young Master. As your familiar, I will make sure no danger will come your way. Just stay by me and nothing will harm you or your sisters."

"I hope you can keep up to that promise."

"Of course I would! What kind of servant would I be if-"

"It's a saying, don't take it seriously." Adam interrupted, gathering what courage he could before slowly entering the seemingly abandoned house. Even though it looked like one of those Victorian mansions historian societies revamp for tours on the outside, the inside was very well-furnished and he could feel the warmth of a fire burning. Carefully and quietly, the two made their way through the large manor. It was unusually quiet, making the hairs on Adam's neck stand straight up. The dark interior decor only whispered incoherent things into Adam's ears, as if they saw something terrible here and were dying to get it out to someone. Needless to say, it didn't help Adam's uneasiness and pounding heart. He noticed something out of place with the dark interior: A vase of pastel pink roses with a single red rose in the middle of the bouquet. Normally, people would just brush it off as a choice in decor from the owner of the house; however, Adam felt strangely attracted towards it. If flowers could talk, they would be beckoning the young boy to come to them. It wasn't long before he caught himself at the vase, about to touch one of the silken petals of the red rose. Adam shook his head and took his hand away.

"What the hell is wrong with me?!" He thought, cursing at himself mentally for acting so foolishly in unknown territory when he had a reason for coming here. Envy took his place next to the raven haired boy and quietly spoke up, "It may have to do with your processing ability, Young Master."

"How...Do you know about that?"

"It's common knowledge familiars must recognize. Your fingernails are also an indicator, Young Master." Envy smile, pointing towards the single red rose with a white-gloved hand. "Your ability is telling you that there is information stored within the rose. Why don't you touch it to see?"

It was enough convincing for Adam's body to act on its own will, a single index finger touching the center of the blood-red rose before his steel-blue eyes flashed white. He was succumbed to another session of flashing images, not really understanding any of them as each one passed. Obscured figures with fangs, blood splattering, distorted screaming, green flames, more blood, someone begging to stop, cruel voices everywhere, a ball, and finally someone running through the forest with nothing but a ripped dress and blood splattering her body. Her hair was...His mother's pale blonde curls, her voice screaming to stop, her tears running down her face. Adam was kicked out of his vision and he almost collapsed, Envy appearing to catch him the minute he stepped out.