♡|'burnt out'

[TW: death,gore,animal hunting]

(This takes place before/during the puzzle challenge.)

[POV: None]

Fifteen and the others started to brain storm how to take down infinity

"Do you think we could trap them inside of a prison or something?" Three suggested

"Maybe we could find like...a weak spot and kill them." Fifteen said,before x added "I don't really want to kill them...let's find some humane way to stop them...if we can."

They spent a while trying to figure this out. "Ugh...this is gonna take forever. We'll need to see more of infinity's abilities if we actually want to stop them."

Four thought for a minute,before he started to write on the white board,drawing out infinity's diagram and powers. "Infinity has immortality and practically limitless power. But...I still think this isn't infinity,and something took over their body. The question is,however...how to we get rid of it?" Four pondered on this,before he noticed how late it was.

"Damn. We're gonna have to go get more supplies."

"You guys can go,I'll keep thinking about it." Fifteen said.

The others nodded,as they went to go get supplies.

They were in the forest,hunting for food. Four and three usually went after the animals,and x did the fruit picking.

One was bait for the more hostile animals. As four and three were setting up the trap for the wolves,one was currently tied up and dangling over their trap. 

"Um...why am I tied up and hanging over this giant hole you set up?" One asked,nervous. 

"Oh that's because you're here to lure the wolves! They probably won't be able to reach you before they fall into the hole." Three reassured.

 "Probably." Four added,which made one laugh nervously. "Okayyy then..."

They waited,as they covered up the hole with leaves and such. They heard the growl of the wolf,as it slowly approached one,who looked freaked out. The wolf tried to jump and grab one,but fell into the hole instead. Four and three celebrated,as one was praying for dear life to be let down.

Four and three eventually let down one,who sighed a breath of relief 

"Oh thank god...please don't do that again,you know how I feel about heights..." they said

"Says the number who lived inside the moon for 15 years..." four mumbled,as one kicked his foot. "Ow! You little..."

"Let's not get off track here guys." Three said,as he started to pull the wolf carcass out of the hole. He looked over to x "x! Did you get any good fruit?" 

X came back with a basket of apples and strawberries "yep! I think we'll be okay for a month or so!" He said cheerfully,which made four smile.

Three and four started to drag back the wolf corpse (and other animals) to the house,as x and one talked a little.

Three and four stopped dead in their tracks,however,and dropped the animals they were carrying.

X noticed this,and was concerned "four? Three? What's wrong?" 

"I...think you should look ahead,x..." one said,looking just as terrified.

X looked in front of them,and the sight made him gasp.

Fifteens cabin,destroyed. A few signs were broken off,An entire section of the roof had a hole in it,shattered windows,and the front door was blown off the hinges. They all rushed inside,trying to find fifteen.

Only to be met with the mutilated corpse of fifteen. Her entire head was split open...and her hands looked like they were cut clean off. she was almost unrecognisable. X covered his mouth,trying not to gag from the smell. One turned away,as three and four stared in horror.

"Oh...o-oh no..." three whispered,as four picked up what was left of the whiteboard...and the plan. Feeling his rage boil up,he looked at the others

"We can't stop. Fifteen wrote some more on the whiteboard,it's sort of hard to read,but it'll work. Come on,we have to get out of here before...what im assuming was infinity...comes back." He said,as the others nodded.

"But...let's give fifteen...a proper burial." Three added,as he and four dragged her body outside,and started to dig.

It was hard to make a good grave out there,but they took the time,and finished burying fifteen.

"She was a good friend...maybe not super social,but she did have a good heart." X said,wiping the tears off his face.

"Goodbye,fifteen." Four said,as he placed a red poppy on her grave. The group grabbed the whiteboard and markers from inside,and left to find a new place to hide.

(ITS SHORT BUT THIS IS JUST FOR CONTEXT ON WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM.)

(Yep. The First death was fifteen.

Or was she...?)

(I'm going MIA on this book again lol I'm sorry)

[731 words]