chapter 21 👑

"Hyungie, I don't have anything to change into," Jungkook complained from the washroom. He had completely forgotten about the clothes before taking a shower.

Taehyung took his sweatshirt and shorts out and passed them to Jungkook, who gladly accepted them.

After putting them on, Jungkook smelled the sweatshirt and sighed in delight.

"Smells like my Hyungie," he said to himself, shyly smiling, as he took in the scent before leaving the washroom. Freshly showered, Taehyung was waiting for him.

Taehyung looked at his beloved and cooed at the sight. Jungkook looked adorable and small in his clothes. Taehyung nearly ran to him and showered him with kisses and affection.

"My baby is so pretty," Taehyung said while hugging Jungkook tightly. The younger smiled shyly at the compliments and kissed the elder's chest.

"Need cuddles," Jungkook demanded, to which Taehyung chuckled and took the younger to bed.

They both lay down, Taehyung being the big spoon. But Jungkook was not satisfied; he parted from Taehyung, confusing the elder. Then he lay on Taehyung like a baby koala and smiled in delight. Taehyung smiled at the younger's antics and played with his hair.

"Hyungie, do you know Rapunzel and Cinderella are sisters?" Jungkook asked Taehyung.

"Is that so?" Taehyung replied, showing interest in the younger's theory.

Jungkook looked at the elder, still in the embrace, his chin on Taehyung's chest. "Yes, Hyungie, in the tower, there was a painting of Cinderella's heel," Jungkook said seriously.

"My heartbeat has sharp eyes," Taehyung said, smiling while stroking the younger's back.

"I do, like I have set my eyes on you since childhood. I must have the best eyesight," Jungkook sassed, placing his ear on Taehyung's chest, listening to his favorite music: 'Taehyung's heartbeat.'

Taehyung chuckled. "I am glad that you have set your eyes on me; otherwise, I don't know what I would have done with my unrequited love," Taehyung said, kissing the younger's head.

"Hyungie, when did you fall for me?" Jungkook asked, now getting up from Taehyung's lap. In reflex, Taehyung also sat down, with his back against the headboard, while Jungkook was straddling his lap. Jungkook's arms encircled the elder's shoulders, and Taehyung's arms encircled Jungkook's waist.

"Since the day I saw you," Taehyung answered truthfully, looking into the younger's eyes.

Jungkook gasped, "Since the ball?" he asked in amusement.

"Emm hmm," Taehyung shook his head in denial.

Jungkook gasped again, widening his already big bambi eyes, "Then?"

"Since the day I saw you playing with puppies near the pond, way before the ball."

Jungkook processed all the information in his pretty brain; he was zoned out.

"Let me remind you, do you remember once you brought stray puppies to the palace sneakily?" Taehyung asked, booping Jungkook's nose.

"Oh yes, I remember, I got scolded badly," Jungkook pouted, to which Taehyung pecked his lips.

"It was that day when I first saw you playing with puppies. You were so little, so beautiful, so cute, so tiny, and took the risk of bringing those puppies into the palace. You got scolded by His Highness for bringing them from the streets and playing with them, but you stood in front of those puppies, glaring at His Highness, and defended them. You made His Highness keep those puppies with you," Taehyung chuckled.

"I came to the palace with my dad that day for the first time after my mom's death, as there was no one at home to take care of me on holiday, and Jenni noona was in boarding school at that time. I admired you for your kind heart and bravery that day.

"After that day, I visited the palace almost every holiday to look at you from afar. I never gathered the strength to approach you and talk. It was one rainy day when you were playing in the rain, even after many maids tried to get you inside the palace, but you didn't listen and kept playing. It was that day I knew I was doomed. I knew I had more than admiration for you, and I fell, and I fell harder. It was at that time I came to understand why people say 'fall in love' and not 'gradually descend in love' because you don't descend smoothly...you fall, and you fall like never before. At that time, I didn't know what the result would be, whether there would be someone to save me from the impact of falling, or I would fall and break myself."

Taehyung looked into the younger's beautiful bambi eyes, that always manage to take the breath away of the elder .

"I am thankful to you, my love, for saving me from breaking. I am thankful that you are here to save me from the impact of falling," Taehyung said, kissing the back of the younger's hand.

Jungkook hid himself in the elder's chest, his eyes mosit . "I love you, Hyungie, so, so much," he said, kissing the elder's chest.

"I love you, my heartbeat," Taehyung said, closing his eyes in delight.

The moment was broken by a knock on the chamber's door . Jungkook parted himself from the elder ,they both looked in eachother's eyes in confusion.

" Taheyung ", a voice spoke from the other side of the door .

Both jungkook's and Taheyung's eyes widened , they looked at eachother in bewilderment.

"Jimin , hyung ",they both whisper shouted  in unison .