14. Strong Drizzles and Umbrellas

Start from the beginning

Tawan stared at the window and watched as the rain falls getting harder and harder by each second.

There it is, the familiar hollow in his chest. The yearning, the loneliness, yet also the comfort the rain brings.

"I wonder what he's doing right now..."

"I should stop thinking about him. Atleast for now. Not now."

"Tay? You okay?" Gun asked tilting his head to the side like a confused puppy.

"Hm? I am. Just feeling a little bit under the weather." He smiled at them before looking down while fiddling with his hands.

The three of them felt at ease wrapped around a comfortable silence just doing their own things but within the presence of each other. Their peace was soon disrupted when Tay's phone chimed.

Newwie: Tay? Are you out of your class?

Newwie: Can I ask for a favor?

"What now?" Tay blurted out sounding irritated that even he was surprised.

Newwie: It's already raining so hard but Aira forgot to bring her umbrella. Is it alright if you'll fetch her outside? She's at the store across the street.

"Should I?"

"Should you what?" Off asked peeking at Tay's phone but failed when Tay immediately turned it off and slid it inside his pocket.

"Should I fetch Aira?"

"In this weather?? Is Newwie insane?" Gun seems to grasp the situation already and is squinting his eyes at Tay.

"I should, right?"

Gun avoided his eyes and stared outside while Off sighed while shaking his head. The three of them was like in a silent battle and all of them don't want to lose. Who will win?

"I should." Tay immediately stood up before the two can utter a word. He knows that they won't let him do this, but he can't let Newwie down. This is just a small favor. It is dangerous considering the heavy rains but he'll try his best to stay safe.

Tawan: Okay

Newwie: Thank you so much, Tay! I owe you a lot. Still the best man!

He turned off his phone and gripped his umbrella hard before he quickened his pace and prepared himself to be under the droplets of rain with its strong winds.

But the moment he was about to take a step towards the rain, was the moment he asked himself why. Why was he doing all of this? Is it because New is his bestfriend? Is this even normal? The store's just across the street, Aira can still run and find shelter under the waiting shed outside the school. Why did he agree?

He gripped the umbrella's handle contemplating whether to go or not. But in the end, he did. He walked under the rain despite it being so heavy. Being so cold. Being the wind so strong.

He saw Aira standing across the street infront of a store. He expected Aira to be a little bit soaked from the rain, but she wasn't, while he is.

Aira beamed when she Tawan approaching her. Soon after, her eyes showed worry when she noticed that Tay was struggling a litte bit.

"Tay! Oh my gosh! I'm sorry you have to get through that!"

Tawan only shooked his head and assuringly smiled at Aira to ease her worry. "It's fine. It wasn't that hard."

"Newwie insisted that someone should fetch me, while I already told him that I will be fine." She huffed and crossed her arms.

"Here" I handed her the umbrella and decided to just walk under the rain.

"Huh? I'll this alone?"

"Yes. Don't worry about me. I kind of want to play under the rain. Hahaha. It's fine!" I immediately turned my back and started walking. The droplets of rain are slowly hitting my entire body, its coldness embracing me.

I want to go anywhere, but here. I can't stay here any longer. The thought of being with her and seeing New later just bothers the hell out of me. When did I started to feel these emotions? I can't even point this out.

I walked and walked, anywhere that my feet will lead to. Just anywhere.

His feet lead him to a nearby park wherein it is surrounded by trees and there is a small pond at the center. It some sort of a nature park. He entered the park and stared at the pond while sitting on a log.

It's fascinating how someone can mend you and break you at the same time. How you're destructed by a person, yet also crave for that person's comfort. How can someone be the cause of your wound and also be the cure?

How can New be his pain, but can also be his serenity?

I'm exhausted. I don't know when this started but it just suddenly dawned upon me how exhausted I am. How I'm so willing to cross an ocean for people who won't even hop over a puddle for me. How I'm so ready to go such lengths only for them to overlook the efforts I've done. I'm tired.